Complaint Review: Saint Matthew's Churches

• Submitted: Sun, June 05, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, June 05, 2005

• Reported By:St. Petersburg Florida
Saint Matthew's Churches
saintmatthewschurches.org Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Saint Matthew's Churches ripoff Tulsa Oklahoma

For some time now I have needed a new roof for my house
and a steady income so I can better meet my financial needs, and I am in ill health from rheumatoid arthritis. A few months ago I began receiving letters from Saint Matthew's Churches including the Jesus Prayer Rug, seeds, and other items.

As a person who truly believes in the Power of Prayer I was at first pleased by what first seemed to be naive, but genuine gestures of compassion.

But when the letters began to insist on strict time limits and then began to emphasize money in a big way (actually "dangling" pictures of $5,000 and $10,000 "bills" in their print media),
and then ask for "single, double, or triple" blessings for $5, $10, and $15 dollars I decided to check the internet.

Fortunately, I had only sent them a dollar for a book of
prayers and scriptures they had sent me. I hope the people responsible for this despicable scam are thoroughly exposed.

Beverly
St. Petersburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2005 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saint-Matthews-Churches/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74121/Saint-Matthews-Churches-ripoff-Tulsa-Oklahoma-145168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saint Matthew's Churches