Complaint Review: Saker ShopRites Inc, World Class Shoprite of Hamilton Marketplace

• Submitted: Sun, August 19, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, August 19, 2012

• Reported By: wipsportsfan — Trenton New Jersey United States of America
Saker ShopRites Inc, World Class Shoprite of Hamilton Marketplace
130 Marketplace Blvd Robbinsville, New Jersey United States of America

Saker ShopRites Inc, World Class Shoprite of Hamilton Marketplace, Foodarama Supermarkets Inc, Self scan attendant overcharged me on item bought with raincheck Robbinsville, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: I doubt it was intentional

Earlier today I did some  Sunday shopping at a local Shoprite that I frequent. while I was there I had found some  bonless skinless Chicken Breasts that  were  2.99 a lb and I realised I had a raincheck  for for from the previous sale at $1,99  that was still good till September, so I decide to use it. In a hurry I decided to go to the u-scan.  because the policy is to give any coupon or raincheck to an attendant before scanning. I called the attendant to my scan station.

however in attempting to adjust the marked price of $8.82  to the raincheck price of $5.99 he accidentally scanned the item FOUR times however in attempting correcting it he only voided TWO of the misscans, thus though he did gave me the raincheck price of $5.99 he failed to void the two misscans of $8.82 each= an overcharge of $17.64 added to-not voided from my bill  though I pointed this out to him, he claimed that he voided all the scans when in reality he only voided two of the four he kept telling me that he voided all of the scans, but the $17. [continued below]....
.....64 overcharge was still on my bill.

Normally in the event of a void the reciept either shows a subtraction or no charge at all. despite all of this he still said the charge on my bill was voided. It was NOT! though I got the raincheck price of the Bonless chicken breasts  I  ALSO paid $17+ for thin air, for  absolutely nothing!!!!!  I  in more than two decades as a frequent shopper to Shoprites both those owned by the Saker family and  others owned  by two other owners that I also frequent, have never experienced such a brazen display of non professionalism and outright theft.

This is a dissapoinment to me as a loyal shopper to that particular  Shoprite, other Saker owned Shoprites  and the other Shoprites where I have never ever had trouble in this situation. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars in Shoprites over 20 years and never have had a problem with anything until this moment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saker-ShopRites-Inc-World-Class-Shoprite-of-Hamilton-Marketplace/Robbinsville-New-Jersey-08691/Saker-ShopRites-Inc-World-Class-Shoprite-of-Hamilton-Marketplace-Foodarama-Supermarkets-929532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saker ShopRites Inc, World Class Shoprite of Hamilton Marketplace

I doubt it was intentional

AUTHOR: SchindHaughton - ()

I work as a cashier at a different ShopRite supermarket that is owned by a different family. It seems like the self checkout attendant simply made a mistake rather than having any actual malicious intentions to overcharge you. I agree that he should have corrected it after you pointed it out, as I certainly would have. We don't have any incentive to overcharge anyone, and we too are customers off the clock.

Why didn't you go to courtesy to get the charge refunded? I'm not familiar with those owners, but I can't imagine that you would have been given a hard time.