Complaint Review: Sales Genie

• Updated: Fri, May 13, 2011

• Reported By: Rob — Casselberry Florida United States of America
Sales Genie
Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Sales Genie Info Group Sales Genie tricks you into signing up for unlimited leads and then LIMITS YOU to 6,000/month costing 5 cents or more per lead. RIP OFF! Omaha, Nebraska

Sales Genie & Info Group are a complete rip-off.  At least 50% of their lead data comes back as disconnected, fax machines, or inaccurate.  BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY with Sales Genie or Info Group, check out some of their competitors like Go Leads or Hoovers.  You will get a better price and what you actually pay for!

I originally signed up with InfoGroup in August 2010. I agreed to pay $300 per month for a term of 12 months for unlimited click by click leads. The process was long and ridiculous, however I could get at least 10,000 clicks a day in totaling about 250k-300k lead downloads per month. For the price and the amount of leads, the extra monotonous work was worth it.

On 05/12/2011 I get an email stating that my account has been switched to the new website upgraded version of Sales Genie. I reluctantly logged on immediately to see what changes were made to an already perfect system. As for the layout, it's not the best but I could work with that...It's when I realized I was only given 1,000 credits (1,000) leads per month for the $300, I had an issue.

I emailed back and forth with them complaining until Kevin Mungin finally called. He explained that the Classic Sales Genie is no longer available. He then explained that my account has changed and I will only get 6,000 leads per month for the $300. I asked how they could change the terms I agreed to for 12 months in the middle of my agreement - Kevin stated that in the T&C's Sales Genie can pretty much do whatever they want.

So now I am stuck paying $300 a month for 6,000 leads (5 cents per lead). I asked for unlimited clicks until my term expired and was bluntly told no. Every time I tried to talk, Kevin would try to over-talk me so that I could explain or defend anything.

I then talked to Chad the GM and he is now trying to price gouge me by charging me $3,000 per month ($36,000/year) for 1.5 mil leads a lead...the same amount I was getting for $300/month ($3,600) per year.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2011 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sales-Genie/Omaha-Nebraska-/Sales-Genie-Info-Group-Sales-Genie-tricks-you-into-signing-up-for-unlimited-leads-and-then-728855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sales Genie