Complaint Review: Sallie Mae Loans

• Updated: Fri, March 23, 2012

• Reported By: nigmaticrose — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
Sallie Mae Loans

Sallie Mae Loans One loan split into two?!!? Internet

Years ago I was approved by California Unemployment Insurance to receive vocational training. I began attending Western Career College and received a Sallie Mae Federal Student Loan. My first semester loan was $1800.00.

Three weeks into the semester the state of California changed their mind and revoked their decision to allow my training while receiving unemployment. So in that first semester I had to withdraw from school. Having nothing but unemployment to support my son and myself in the Bay Area we ended up homless and my loan in default.

Years later the IRS took my tax returns to pay $3800 for my Salli Mae loan. I finally thought I was free and clear. Today I receive a call from a debt collector telling me that I still owe another $3600!! WHAT?!?

I was informed that my loan was split into two. One became personal and one federal. WTF?! What does that mean, how is this right??

So here I am ready to go to school again and can't because Sallie Mae takes it upon themselves to create an $1800 single loan into two separate loans for more than $7000???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2012 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae-Loans/internet/Sallie-Mae-Loans-One-loan-split-into-two-Internet-858419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae Loans