Complaint Review: Sallie Mae Servicing

• Submitted: Wed, November 19, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 19, 2008

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Sallie Mae Servicing
P.O. Box 9500 Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-272-5543
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Sallie Mae Servicing Took my money, gave bad credit report & refused to return $ or correct credit when loan already in forbearance Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania

I made 5 payments (~$1,500.00) that they did not credit to my account. Their website shows the payments made but they did not credit me and put it on my credit report as 90 days past due for three times for one event.

I was waiting for an approval for a forbearance and it was granted. However, while I waited I still made the loan payments and during this time it was granted. During this time they did not credit the payments and will not correct.

Their call center is outsourced to India so no help, just frustration and thier mail address gets me no reply.

US Dept of Education is overloaded with fraud by lenders and provide no assistance to me.

During this payment time they did not credit me I call and wrote including: "Why am I listed on my credit report as being past due more than 60 days? Your call center informed me that I was past due more than 60 days each month [for same months, repeatedly] starting in January 06 through April 06 yet I had this conversation with him in May 06 which is not 60 days! How can I be past due 60 days three times in less than a four month period?

Yes, they still owe me $1,500.00! Plus interest at 8% over two years.

Joedavis35
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2008 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae-Servicing/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18773-9500/Sallie-Mae-Servicing-Took-my-money-gave-bad-credit-report-refused-to-return-or-correc-393096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae Servicing