Complaint Review: Sallie Mae Servicing

• Submitted: Mon, April 05, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 15, 2004

• Reported By:Huntersville North Carolina
Sallie Mae Servicing
http://www.slmfinancial.com/linking_site.html Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-834-9851
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

SLM Financial, Sallie Mae Servicing Making me responsible for a loan that I did not get an education out of. ripoff Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: www.asfb.org

*UPDATE Employee: Loan could be forgiven

I got a loan from Sallie Mae to enter a Career Training School. The school unfortunately took the money from all of the students, shut its door & ran off in the middle of the night. Sallie Mae's small print said that if I did not finish the school b/c of my own doing, then I will still have to pay for the loan.

I have no problem with that, but since I was not able to finish any of the classes I went to the school for, I should not be entitled to pay off this loan b/c I did not get the service out of it. I was not given the chance to finish any of it! I will be seeking legal representation.

Samuel
Huntersville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2004 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae-Servicing/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18773/SLM-Financial-Sallie-Mae-Servicing-Making-me-responsible-for-a-loan-that-I-did-not-get-an-86685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae Servicing

www.asfb.org

AUTHOR: Marta - (U.S.A.)

Go to www.asfb.org , they have information how to fight this issue...

Loan could be forgiven

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

There is a fail-safe built into your loan. If your school closes before you finish your degree and there is no other school w/in a secified distance that offers the same or similar degree, your loan will be paid off by the US department of education. Their number is 888-4FEDAID.