- Report: #274554
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Sallie Mae
Sallie Mae500 Canyon Ridge L250 Austin, Texas U.S.A.
Sallie Mae Fraud, Deceipt, Accounting Errors, Exhorbitant Interest Rates, Encourage Default, Principal Doubled Herndon Virginia
*Consumer Suggestion: Don't worry about Sallie Msa
*Consumer Comment: Educate Yourself
*REBUTTAL Individual responds: This advice would be great, if they honored this.
*Consumer Suggestion: Student Loan Lessons
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. Do not become sick, disabled, unemployed, be in a natural disaster, or old when student loan repayments are due. If any of these happens to you, and you can't repay, your SSI, unemployment insurance, pension, and Social Security income can be offset. Your bank accounts may be seized.
2. Student loans are the only loans in the country that have NO consumer protection.
3. Student loan collection agencies are a nightmare to deal with, often having incorrect information.
4. Lenders can change your interest rate if you default, to credit card interest rates, often as high as 25%, thereby ensuring inability to repay.
5. Frequently, payments you make are not posted to the correct account.
6. Student loan collectors would rather you default than repay the loans. That way they make more money from you with their collection fees.
7. Borrowers have committed suicide because of the crushing debt.
8. In some states, your driver's license can be revoked if you default.
9. If you are FROM Sudan, come to the US and get financial aid, if you return to Sudan, your loans are forgiven (not saying this is bad, but the Sudanese are forgiven, but if you have a stroke?).
10. NEVER give a collection agency your bank account number because you are giving them permission to access your account. They may then wipe out your funds.
11. Your income tax refunds can be taken.
12. Collection agencies are like loan sharks, including 'break your legs.'
13. Death does not 'forgive' your or your child's student loans.
14. You could wind up homeless and very, very well-educated.
We are trying to organize again this "Enron" organization whose executives earn 6-digit figures at our expense. Some of us are homeless, disabled, and retired. Some of us are very young with no future to look forward to. Go to studentloanjustice.org for some more information and to ORGANIZE!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2007 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae/Austin-Texas-78753/Sallie-Mae-Fraud-Deceipt-Accounting-Errors-Exhorbitant-Interest-Rates-Encourage-Defaul-274554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.