Complaint Review: Sallie Mae

• Phone: 877-559-9120
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Sallie Mae Computertraining.edu loan RIPOFF. Newark, Delaware

I enrolled at Computertraining.edu in October 2009.  The school tuition was $14000.00.  I put up $4000. of my own money along with a student loan from Sallie Mae for the remainig $10,000.  When I enrolled I was informed that Sallie Mae would only disburse money to the school as I entered a new module.  There were 5 modules and the school was 6.5 months long.  On January 1st, 2010 I received an email from computertraining.edu informing me that the school had been shut down..

I basically had been through 3 months of a 6.5 month course.  I was recently informed by Sallie Mae that they had disbursed the ENTIRE $10,000 to the school and that I was just S.O.L. and responsible for the entire $10,000.  They also told me that I should sue the school.  This doesn't seem fair especially when I put out $4000.00 of my own money to the school.  It seems to me that if they were truly disbursing funds as I entered each module they shouldn't have even given the school ANY money in the first module.  For reference I completed 2 of 5 modules and attended 2 days of the 3rd module before the school shut down unexpectedly.

I have no problem paying Sallie Mae what I TRULY owe them (it should be pro-rated against wht I already paid to the school) but I think its a crime for them to be able to charge me $10,000 for services that were NEVER rendered.

Does anyone have any advice on this type of thing or is there any other Computertraining.edu students with the same issue?  Any help will be GREATLY appreciated...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2010 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae/Newark-Delaware-23322/Sallie-Mae-Computertrainingedu-loan-RIPOFF-Newark-Delaware-580944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae