volunteers

• Reported By: RandyK — Aurora Colorado
Sallie Mae
300 Continental Dr Newark, New Jersey USA

Sallie Mae Under grads and graduate students BEWARE! Newark New Jersey

If you are a starving student like me, please Do Not even consider a Private Student Loan from Sallie Mae! I am a doctoral student. I took out 2 private loans from this organization while getting a Masters. THE single worst mistake in my life.

I am making interest only payments and they have tripled since I applied for them. When I started my doctarate immediately but at another school, it took a call to the Ombudsman Office that oversees them and complaints with the FTC to get them to process the in-school deferment.

The first time I waited a month and they told me they had not received it from the school, even though it had been sent by the school. A second request was sent. They eventually admitted that they received both requests.

Instead of waving the "late" fees they added them back into my balance. Still waiting on a response from the FTC on this illeagle act. Today my co-signer received 2 telephone calls from them as I an 2, count them TWO days late on one payment when they applied the payment to the wrong account.

DO NOT deal with these incapable idiots unless you enjoy being run around and getting incoherent, incomplete or simply untrue answers from everyone in customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae/Newark-New-Jersey-19713/Sallie-Mae-Under-grads-and-graduate-students-BEWARE-Newark-New-Jersey-1057379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae