Complaint Review: Sallie Mae

• Updated: Fri, August 16, 2013

• Reported By: Kenneth — Jackson Mississippi
Sallie Mae
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Sallie Mae My wife and I made a payment of $391.23 and Sallie Mae have not applied it to the loans we cosigned with our daugther. We only want Sallie Mae to apply the $391.23 to the loans. Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: question

My wife and I cosigned loans with our daughter and we made a $391.23 payment to Sallie Mae on 07/23/2013. The $391.23 was made to cover July and August and nothing has been applied to any of the loans. We are receiving 3 or 4 calls per week from Sallie Mae asking for payment.

Sallie Mae is charging us additional interest and fees for non payment when in fact we have paid $391.23. All we want is for Sallie Mae to apply the $391.23 remove the added interest and fees and we can move forward.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19101-3612/Sallie-Mae-My-wife-and-I-made-a-payment-of-39123-and-Sallie-Mae-have-not-applied-it-to-1076552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae

question

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

What was there response when you told them you already paid? It was probably "We didn't receive it".  In that case, all you have to do is provide proof - a cancelled check, the confirmation number if you paid online, or a credit card bill showing you charged it.