Complaint Review: Sallie Mae

, Select State/Province USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Sallie Mae WATCH YOUR CREDIT REPORT CAREFULLY!! THEY ADDED $30.000 of fraudulent loans I never received!! Nationwide

I looked at my credit report to find that Sallie Mae has listed 30 loans, different loan number and different amount (10 on each credit report). 5 loans listed in collections & the other 5 listed in charge offs on Experian, Equifax and Trans union. Sallie Mae stated I took these loans out in 2007, however I have documentation, statements etc., from 2009 that do not list 2 of the loans they 'CLAIM' I received in the amounts of $15.000 & 10,000...WHAT!!!

They began calling me within 6 weeks of graduation; they also called my Grandmother (co-signer), threatening her. I begged them to stop but eventually their harassing calls and lies killed her - literally!! RIP Grama...I'll will never give these people a DIME!!

I made a complaint with the Federal Financial protection Agency, come to find out Sallie Mae holds 47% of the student loan complaints, which means the other 7 hold the other 50 % (less than 10% each). That is quite a large number and it is not hard to find a complaint on-line.

From what I have been able to gather you're damned if you do and Damned if you don't - I think I will choose to keep my money in my pocket. A majority of the complaints I’ve read indicate that even if you try to pay them you’re no better off!!

Now, I have forced Sallie Mae’s hand and they (1) wrote a letter to the CFBP, in which they stated “because of the difficulties with this account we have decided NOT to contact her until November 18, 2012 (this was Nov 1st, 2012). Later in the SAME LETTER, they state “we tried to contact her numerous times on November 11th & 12th, with no response (ummmmmm?????) – I went to College and on thing I know for sure is that 11 & 12 are BETWEEN 1 & 18!! (2) They sent the CFBP 5 promissory notes, THAT I KNOW ARE FRAULULENT!!!

I’ve disputed their response and attached the statements from 2009…booyaaahhh – check mate you crooks!! It’s only a matter of time before that company is brought to it knees!! My vote still matters and Government needs to break away from this train wreck!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2013 05:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae/Select-StateProvince/Sallie-Mae-WATCH-YOUR-CREDIT-REPORT-CAREFULLY-THEY-ADDED-30000-of-fraudulent-loans-I-1099793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae