Complaint Review: Sallie Mae

• Updated: Mon, April 14, 2014

• Reported By: Yolifer — Pelzer South Carolina
Sallie Mae
PO Box 9635 Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania USA

Sallie Mae Unreasonable, Paying while in college, Payments raising. Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania

Last year I attended a University, (South Carolina State University), and had to take a Parent PLUS Loan in order to attend my first year of college. After I finished my first year, Sallie Mae started sending me payments not even a month after I finished.

Unfortunately, I am not able to attend that school anymore due to financial issues. So I decided to attend a Technical College closer to where I stay now. Sallie Mae stated that she will not start sending bills intill after you finish school or 6 months if not attending. So why am I getting bills a month after I finish only my first year of college?

I've recieved 5 bills already and now I have the 6th right infront of me and its no longer a certain amount, it had gone up. I understand that there is an interest. But what I don't understand is why I'm recieveing bills when I'm not even finishing with school and is currently in school as we speak.

I feel like Sallie Mae is a very impatient company and it needs to be re-evaluated. I refuse to make payments as a college student. I can't afford it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2014 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18773/Sallie-Mae-Unreasonable-Paying-while-in-college-Payments-raising-Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylv-1138754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae