Complaint Review: Sallie Mae

• Submitted: Tue, May 20, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 20, 2008

• Reported By:Riverside Rhode Island
Sallie Mae
PO Box 9500 Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-272-5543
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Sallie Mae - SLM Collections Practices are ruthless and no one will help me Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania

I am a co-signer on my son's loan with Sallie Mae. After he defaulted for seven months they started calling me at my place of employment demanding payment. (I didn't even know he defaulted) I told them I will begin to pay as soon as they send me an invoice with the amount owed, interest rate, principal amount etc. This was over a month ago. I have not received anything from them and the harrassing phone calls continue on a daily basis. I have told them to not call me at work as they have my home and cell phone numbers but they continue to call (illegally) to my office.

I have been told that I was a liar regarding my request for an invoice and in one phone call I was told to be quiet and I needed to listen to what they had to say. I was told that I was just angry that I sign on this loan and now I have to pay.

I want to pay this loan back but they refuse to send me an invoice. I have made numerous calls for the last several weeks and no one can help me. This has effective my credit score and they keep adding interest and late payment charges. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well.

I just want to pay this loan and they won't cooperate (they just called my cell phone as I am writting this).

I am clueless on what I can possibly do next.

Cynthia
Riverside, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2008 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-28773-9500/Sallie-Mae-SLM-Collections-Practices-are-ruthless-and-no-one-will-help-me-Wilkes-Barre-P-333724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae