Complaint Review: Sallie Mae

• Submitted: Mon, March 25, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 26, 2013

• Reported By: salidacolo — Pueblo Colorado
Sallie Mae

Sallie Mae I was getting student loan forbearance , they lied to me, they consolidated loans, didn;t give me forbearance didnt put any of the $60,000 I sent them toward balance Internet

*Consumer Comment: why?

In spring of 2001 I was r paying PHEAA for my student loans.Sallie Mae sent me an application I called and they lied to me.  They told me still me my forbearance would carry over and my interest rate rate would be lowered if I transferred my loan.   They consolidated my loan and I never was able to get forbearance..  I have paid on my student loan for 14 years now. For about five years I paid $525 a month to Sallie Mae and my balance never went down.  Finally I was able to get the government to take over my loan.  And now I am on a new 20 year payback plan of only 189.00 a month.  I was never able to get figures from Sallie Mae on how much they recorded that I paid, how much went to interest and how much went to balance.  Basically very little has ever gone to balance in the past 10 years as I still have 17 more years to pay.  Now the government is selling my loan to another bank.  I am afraid the same thing will happen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae/internet/Sallie-Mae-I-was-getting-student-loan-forbearance-they-lied-to-me-they-consolidated-lo-1037865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae