Complaint Review: Sallie Mae

• Reported By: Gerrick — Richmond Virginia
Sallie Mae
Internet USA

Sallie Mae Sallie Mae Stole Money from Me Richmond Virginia

I have 1 private loan with Sallie Mae and 2 Stafford loans. In March 2006 I paid off my private loan in full while continuing to make regular payments on my Stafford loans. During the time period between April 2006 and 2012 Sallie Mae randomly intercepted 4 payments, totaling about $300, sent for my Stafford loan and applied them to the private loan which was all ready paid-in-full and not to mention it was sent to NCO collection years before I even paid it off so it should no longer even be in their system as an active loan.

They took my $300 and kept it completely for themselves, I received no credit towards my current Stafford loans nor was my money returned to me. For 6 years I've been calling them demanding to speak to Supervisors  to only be told "Yes, I see where the payments have been incorrectly posted, but this will require research, so I must create a work ticket".

My Advice: To anyone even thinking about receiving a private from Sallie Mae Beware, Do Not Do It. They will steal from you and unlike most company's who rush to correct their wrongs made to customers, Sallie Mae is immoral and we come a dime a dozen to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2013 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-Mae/internet/Sallie-Mae-Sallie-Mae-Stole-Money-from-Me-Richmond-Virginia-1055536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie Mae