Complaint Review: Sallie mae / itt tech

Sallie mae / itt tech
28 sw brook st apt A indiannopolis, Indiana United States of America

Sallie mae / itt tech Online school money rip off indiannopolis, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Sallie Mae: "Kickback & Wait" -the executive way

Im not sure how this works but my father asked me to tell our story so here it goes:

I was trying to attend college at ITT-tech because they have an online program for forensic science. I signed up for grants and loans so i could attend after everything was done, the guy that was arranging everything for me said that my tuition fee plus my books would all be approx. $12,000 for my associates degree. I started in December of 09 and everything was going well. September of 2010 rolled around and I was told that I needed to sign up for more loans because I needed more money to continue. I refused to sign up because he would not tell me why I needed more money. My father tried to talk to him and refused to answer because he didn't have a consent form. That was fine so we received a form filled it out sent it in and we could never get a hold of him since. I have been locked out for 8 months and I am now going to attempt and retry to see if anyone can figure things out. I still want to attend college and finish for my degree. So my father and I (mostly me) Got in touch with ITT-tech and had them pull up my account. After a lot of talking with many different people we found out that I was put in the wrong class, ITT has never received funding for one of the loans my father signed up for ( Sallie Mae), and the man that was helping me prior had lied about the tuition. My father has been sending money to Sallie Mae but once I got locked out he stopped the payments. Now that he found out that Sallie Mae hasn't even sent money to ITT he isn't very happy about it. We are still talking with ITT about everything but I believe because they lied to me and my father, put me in the wrong class and stole our money that we should be wiped clean and start over with the real tuition fee and I be put in the right class.

That is our story that we are still trying to get through. Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2011 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-mae-itt-tech/indiannopolis-Indiana-97365/Sallie-mae-itt-tech-Online-school-money-rip-off-indiannopolis-Indiana-727695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie mae / itt tech

Sallie Mae: "Kickback & Wait" -the executive way

AUTHOR: Mecca Morfiz - (United States of America)

Drop out while you can because after you graduate you won't be able to continue your education without enrolling back with those crooks at Itt-Tech. Sucks because umm.. let's say you obtained your associates degree and after you graduate you may want to attend college in the future, well you won't be able to attend any other college besides Itt-Tech hence "non transferable credits". Hilarious & depressing all in one swipe. Speaking of swipe, my credit got screwed because of the outrageous interest rates that their primary student loan lender Sallie Mae, have on their private loans. & That's the good news, here's where it get's worse...I attended Itt-Tech in Little Rock, AR & graduated in '06 with an associates degree and ready to work off my student loans because "morally" it makes me feel good to do what's right! My student loan was roughly around 40 grand & over a 5 year period it is now 100 thousand dollars!!! Simply put outrageous. I went & served my country and recieved a honorable discharge & was feeling really good about enlisting with the military, even with my service-connected disability that accured because I could use my award letter to cancel/discharge the loan shark driven student aid that Sallie Mae used to back my worthless degree that I obtained from Itt-Tech! I wouldn't be surprised if company executives crunge, when a recently graduate from this "for-profit" college walks in their office. It's far from the recent grad's fault, when they can't land a job because the foundation of his or her education is based on lies & fabrication. For starts, private lenders like, well i think they're the last ones standing, Sallie Mae offer awards to "for profit" colleges like Itt-Tech, Devry, Remington, & University of Phoenix called "Kickback's". I want you to keep in mind the term "Kickback's" because it is a program that allows the lender Sallie Mae to pay "for profit" colleges like the one your attending, to promote their lending services to future students! So if there was a more ethical competitor in the Student Loan lending market, you would never know about it because that wouldn't be in the student's best interests, more like the school's best interest. If that sounds unethical that's because it is, plain & simple. Now here is where it sadness me because as a Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran I recently found out the same government that I served passed laws to protect these corporate racoons because if you can't afford to pay the student loan off the federal government will. So regardless if lenders like Sallie Mae never receive payments from recent grads, they still get to issue out more loans to future low-income students. The last time I checked the whole reason for a student to attend college is to secure a well paying job to achieve certain goals in life. Better change your plans because with the laws congress has passed to protect these federally funded private lending companies a future grad won't be able to pay the loan off, hence white-collar price tagged initial interest rates. Even if they landed a job in the medical or law field, the nightmare would never end unless future laws are passed to stop these corporate lunatics from charging lavish interest rates that students will never pay off in a lifetime. And yes, Sallie Mae encourages you to make payments so your loan won't default, a term that they want you to become very familiar with. I wonder why they love that word so much? That's because if you ever default, which you probably will, the good ol boys, our federal government will simply pay off the loan you owe to Sallie Mae while those pigs at SMLLC(Sallie Mae) send your loans to collection agencies that report to the national credit association. In case you didn't know, giant corporate gigs like Sallie Mae fund government officials through political campaigns & with help from their self funded lobbyist, persuade the good guys who go before congress to make necessary changes into folding. So, all lenders have to do is "kickback" & wait for they're defaulted, protected, federally funded loans to wash away with hard-working taxpayer's money! One pig isn't muddier than the other. We can blame the schools we went to, but it goes way deeper than the entry level job promise maker schools we attended. I will be contacting my Attorney General for changes in student loan law.  I would suggest you hire an attorney and file for a class action lawsuit against Sallie Mae & "for profit" college Itt'Tech. Someone from Itt-Tech will try to insist their credibility because they are a national accredited school through ACICS, a company that set's regulations and guidelines that are easily met by "for-profit" schools. What good is this if the rest of the nation's elite university's don't recognize these looney degrees Itt-Tech offers. Don't give up & press those bulley's with your attorney, non-attorney if you can't afford one. Call your local Attorney General ASAP!