Complaint Review: Sallie mae

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: itslesa — norwalk California
Sallie mae
Internet USA

Sallie mae I am appalled at the conduct and harrassment by sallie mae representatives. I placed a forbearance on all my daughters loans and the agent confirmed this but left one loan off by error. Who put loans in forbearance and pays the 150.00 charge and doesnt include all their loans? Internet

My daughters loans were due the day after she graduated. The phone calls immediately started before she even hang up her graduation gown. I made the first payment for her hoping she would find a job soon. Unfortunately finding a job wasn't looking good with her good new expensive degree. We explained to salliemae after all the unprofessionalism and harrassment and was told we could pay 150.00 to put all loans in deferment for six montha. Within three months the harrassmentstarted all over. I was told the representative left one loan out? That not my fault. I made a complaint with one rep for omsbud to call and was told that takes 48 hours. Its been a week and no call from the omsbud. I then talked to someone claiming to be the secretary to the president and she would give my complaint to someone and have them call. Its been over a week and of course, no call. Who is in charge of these uneducated people handling theses calls and who do they report to? With all the complaints I am reading and nothing has been done it is obvious some entity is protecting these people. Its very sad that our kids get an education and the minute they graduate, salliemae is threatening our kids and ruining their credit before giving them the opportunity to hang up thei graduation gown and find jobs. My daughter had good credit until salliemae came in the picture. I almost hate I pushed my daughter to pursue her education.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 09:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallie-mae/internet/Sallie-mae-I-am-appalled-at-the-conduct-and-harrassment-by-sallie-mae-representatives-I-1052824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sallie mae