Complaint Review: Sally Beauty Supply-Sharon

• Submitted: Fri, December 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, December 27, 2006

• Reported By:Chandler Arizona
Sally Beauty Supply-Sharon
812 W WARNER RD STE 4 Chandler, Arizona U.S.A.

Sally Beauty Supply-Sharon false advertising and physically abusive customer service Chandler Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Customer Service at Sally Beauty Supply

I went to the store to exchange a product that I had mistakenly bought for one that was $2 less. The product I had purchased was unused and still in its original packaging. I did not have a receipt, however when I consulted the Sally Beauty Supply website it states, "There are two ways to return merchandise that was purchased in our stores: Exchange: A customer may return merchandise and exchange it for other merchandise WITHOUT a receipt. If we owe a customer money, we ask that the amount be kept at $5 or less"

When I attempted to exchange the product the sales associate, Sharon told me she could not refund me the difference, when I informed her about the policy stated on the website she told me no such policy existed. She then contacted her manager, Gaby via telephone who told her no such policy existed. Another sales associate suggested I should have bought the printout. When I told them both calmly, the website states otherwise, Sharon became irate and told me to leave and to speak with the manager tomorrow. Customers were witness to this.

I returned with a printed copy of the policy 20 minutes later, one sales associate refused to help me and customers who were present earlier told me where I could find Sharon. Another more helpful associate also offered to help me find her. Sharon refused to read the printed policy and physically moved me in an aggressive manner, yelling and trying to force me to leave the store. Most customers present and the sales associate were witness to this. I have never ever been handled by a customers service representative in such an aggressive manner. Frankly, Sharon is not of sound mind, and it reflects badly on the company that would hire an unstable individual. She could have just easily settled the matter by politely saying she wasn't aware of any such policy and would I mind returning when the manager was present.

In regards to the exchange policy, Sally Beauty Supply is a corporation not a franchise and if different stores practice different policies then it should be explicitly stated on the website. By not doing so it is clearly false advertising.

Annelies
Chandler, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2006 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sally-Beauty-Supply-Sharon/Chandler-Arizona-85224/Sally-Beauty-Supply-Sharon-false-advertising-and-physically-abusive-customer-service-Chand-224429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sally Beauty Supply-Sharon

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Customer Service at Sally Beauty Supply

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

Dear Annelies,

As a former manager of a Sally Beauty Supply in North Carolina, I am so sorry that you were treated so badly. I, myself, had employees that behaved like that. All the hiring in my store was done by my district manager, and it is virtually impossible to terminate someone's employment from there. I chose to leave myself, once I realized that I could not get rid of the employees that had no customer service skills.

You should call the store, and request the Corporate customer service number, and make a complaint about the treatment you received. If I could remember it, I would give it to you. I doubt much will happen, but at least the complaint will go in her employee file. It takes three write-up for the same issue before an employee will be terminated.

Best of luck,