Complaint Review: Sally Beauty supply

• Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By: Kim — Jacksonville Alabama United States of America
Sally Beauty supply
1555 PELHAM S HWY 21 #F Jacksonville, Alabama United States of America

Sally Beauty supply One thousand dollars was taken from my purse, I had asked an employee to place my purse behind the counter as it was a back-pack style and I had knocked a few items from the shelves. Jacksonville , Alabama

I was in Sally Beauty supply 8/25/2012 with my ex sister-in-law and her daughter to buy her and myself a few things (about 350.00 dollars) and when I entered the store I was shopping and knocked some items from the shelves with my backpack style purse, so I asked if they would mind placing my purse behind the counter so I would not break anything. BIG MISTAKE, when I paid for my order with my credit card (GOD I wish I had paid with cash or more accurately, from the one thousand dollars I had in a bank envelop that I had for a purchase that required cash later that day) and left to go buy an antique desk. I arrived at the store and went into the ZIPPERED slot in my purse to retrieve the envelop that held the one thousand dollars in it, it was GONE. I searched my purse knowing all along that it was in the ZIPPERED slot, but hoping that I was going to find it in a different slot. Well it was not. After many tears I called a friend to ask him to call the store and ask about if by chance they have seen my money or if they had video of the store, he was told they would look for it when they swept up for the night (right look at closing time). He also spoke with corporate which was as helpful when he asked if the store was or had video was told it was policy not to tell if a store had video and that a police report would have to be made before internal security would bother to look. I had to go file a report at Jacksonville police department to move forward and I did. At this point I don't expect I will get my money back but what I have been thru with Sally's and the Jacksonville police I am truly beat. The police treated me like I was a criminal, where did you get the thousand dollars ?(bank), why did you have that much cash ?(to buy a table) can you prove you had a thousand dollars ? (teller will verify) WTH, is it to much to ask Sally's security to look at a tape and just see if someone put there damn hand in my bag? It is and has been a nightmare. Between the lack of interest from the store level to corporate and last but by no means the least Jacksonville police department have made me wish I have never shopped at Sally's and hope I never have to deal with anyone at Jacksonville police department again. Sorry for the length but I needed to vent my and tell the world how bad my experience has been. Maybe if I was not so trusting in people it would not have happened,surly not. I think I would have paid two thousand dollars not to have had the fortune of the absolute horror of this incident and every one involved. Thanks for giving me this space to tell my story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 06:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sally-Beauty-supply/Jacksonville-Alabama-36265/Sally-Beauty-supply-One-thousand-dollars-was-taken-from-my-purse-I-had-asked-an-employee-934656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sally Beauty supply