Complaint Review: Sally's Beauty Supply

• Submitted: Thu, March 08, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, March 08, 2007

• Reported By:Tallahassee Florida
Sally's Beauty Supply
1123 APALACHEE PARKWAY Tallahassee, Florida U.S.A.

Sally Beauty Supply Horrible Customer Service - No Return Policy too strict Tallahassee Florida

I went to Regis in the Tallahassee Mall to get a haircut, and the stylist convinced me to get glue-in extensions as a way to try them out before I spent a lot to get them woven or sewn in. She could not leave the shop, so she wrote a "shopping list" for me to bring to Sally's. She was very precise in what hair she requested (approx $9/ea), what length and color, and also requested glue.

The young lady who waited on me told me that was the wrong type of hair for my hair type and told me I "had" to buy the $70 hair (with a clip on it) as the other hair was for "women of color." I hesitantly purchased what she insisted on, even though I really hadn't wanted to spend that much.

When I returned to Regis, the stylist pulled the hair out of the package and could not believe what the sales clerk had done. She called Sally's immediately and asked the clerk why she would sell hair with a clip along with hair glue, for one thing. The clerk apologized and told her to send me back and she would refund the difference for what I had asked for in the first place.

So I drove back over again through the rush-hour traffic, only to be greated by a very stern Hispanic woman (not my original clerk). She said the other clerk was "on break", but that she knew about the situation and stated bluntly that Florida law prohibits returns of real hair and especially since it had been removed from the package. She was quite rude and condescending to me, and basically said she could care less what the situation was.

I can totally understand the law for health reasons, but the clerk by her own admission sold me the wrong item. I had to go ahead and purchase the correct items as the stylist was waiting and the salon was going to close soon. In the end I had to "eat" that $70, plus was stuck with hair I will never use!!

Trish
Tallahassee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2007 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sallys-Beauty-Supply/Tallahassee-Florida-32301-4541/Sally-Beauty-Supply-Horrible-Customer-Service-No-Return-Policy-too-strict-Tallahassee-Fl-238535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sally's Beauty Supply