• Report: #661936

• Updated: Sun, November 14, 2010

• Reported By: Jenna Walsh — Everett Massachusetts United States of America
Sal's Custom Dry Cleaning
357 Broadway Everett, Massachusetts United States of America

Sal's Custom Dry Cleaning threatened to call the police on me for being angry with them for ruining my coat Everett, Massachusetts

I brought my coat to Sal's Custom Dry Cleaners to have a button sewn back on and to have the others reinforced.  They asked if the coat should be cleaned too, and though I agreed to it, they did not mention that it could be damaged in the process.  Nonetheless, when I went to pick it up (4 days after it was supposed to be ready), they told me my coat was not ready and would call me later to let me know when I could pick it up.  As it turns out, my belt buckle was destroyed in the cleaning process, which was why my coat was not ready.  They called and said they would replace the belt buckle, and let me know when it was ready.  When I finally picked up my coat, I noticed that the buckle they "replaced" the original with was not only a different shape but also a different color.  All of the buttons on the coat are gold, and the belt buckle was replaced with a silver, huge, and hideous buckle.  I spoke to the owner on the telephone and told her how terrible it looked and she told me to return the coat to the store since the buckle broke. I explained that this was not an option, since the coat had been professionally cleaned and the original buckle had been replaced.  I told her I was not willing to pay for it, and she threatened to call the police on me, said it was not the end of the world and that it looked just fine.  I told her it was mean and unfair that she did such a poor job and she said it was never her responsibility to even replace it (despite the fact that they clearly took responsibility for it by replacing it).

She made me pay for the coat or said she'd keep it.  She was not willing to replace the buckle or rectify the situation and told me to go out and buy one myself.  She put all of the responsibility on me and did nothing to make it right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2010 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sals-Custom-Dry-Cleaning/Everett-Massachusetts-02149/Sals-Custom-Dry-Cleaning-threatened-to-call-the-police-on-me-for-being-angry-with-them-f-661936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sal's Custom Dry Cleaning