Complaint Review: Salt River Solar and Wind

• Updated: Wed, August 31, 2011

• Reported By: Barb — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Salt River Solar and Wind
13370 W. Foxfire Dr. Sorprise, Arizona United States of America

Salt River Solar and Wind Takes your money. You get excuses in return- no solar panels. Sorprise, Arizona

I signed a contract with Salt River Solar and Wind on Jan. 24 to get solar panels for my home.  I decided to buy from this company because of the wonderful offer they had.  I signed over all  the rebates I would get for "going solar" to them.  Then I only had to pay the remaining amount-THEN.  The salesman told me it would take about 3-4 months for the approval from APS.  He implied I would then get my solar panels shortly thereafter.

It is now August 30 and still no solar panels.  They have changed the brand twice from what they originally sold me.  Each time I was assured the replacement panels were an improvement over the previous ones.

(The first ones must have been junk.)  The were not even going to charge me more for the better panels!

I called them the end of May and June since I hadn't heard anything from them.  With the June call they assured me I would get the panels the end of July.  When I didn't hear anything the end of July, I called again.  I spoke with a very condescending women who was supposedly in charge.  She told me how very lucky I was because they were "giving"me a $30,000 unit for my $6500.  She said the money I gave them in January paid for the panels installed then. ( This almost sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me.)  They did try to placate me by installing the holders/brackets (?) on my roof.  I now have many strange looking things sticking up on my roof.

If more people don't fall for their line I may never see my solar panels, but in good conscience I have to say DO NOT BUY FROM SALT RIVER SOLAR AND WIND.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2011 12:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Salt-River-Solar-and-Wind/Sorprise-Arizona-85374/Salt-River-Solar-and-Wind-Takes-your-money-You-get-excuses-in-return-no-solar-panels-771286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Salt River Solar and Wind