Complaint Review: Salute Visa Card, Urban Trust Bank

• Submitted: Sun, November 09, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, November 09, 2008

• Reported By:Charlottesville Virginia
Salute Visa Card, Urban Trust Bank
www.salutecard.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Salute Visa Card, Urban Trust Bank Unexpected Notice of Terminiation of Card Program Atlanta Georgia

I have to say I do feel better to see I'm not the only one. I too have had my card for two years; paying on time and more than the minimum payment. I was shocked when I received this letter telling me the card had been terminated. I had just received a week ago, another credit line increase. Pretty high too! I was feeling so good that I have been, to what I thought bettering my credit and have worked very hard to do so.

They had just charged me my annual maintenace fee of $100. So I paid the $100.00 immediately. I called and told them I would not be paying any maintenance fees or this annual fee. I certainly will pay any charges I have made; but refuse to pay all this crap they added on, then close the account. I suspect this has been a plan all along; now that I see everyone else is in the same boat. They probably expect everyone to pay all these fees with no return service; therefore making a ton of money. They probably assume all of us with let's say; not so good credit will be afraid this will hurt us further if we don't pay.

I don't know about anyone else, but they can you know what. If we all stick together and don't pay this crap, it will fall back on them. If they start calling or sell your account to a collection agency; simply tell the persons or people calling, not to call. It is against the law if you tell them. Pay only what you have charged and nothing else! If anyone starts a class action law suit; I'm in on it.

Good luck to all of you. Don't give up!

Charlottesville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2008 05:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Salute-Visa-Card-Urban-Trust-Bank/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Salute-Visa-Card-Urban-Trust-Bank-Unexpected-Notice-of-Terminiation-of-Card-Program-Atlan-389367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Salute Visa Card, Urban Trust Bank