Complaint Review: Salute Visa

• Submitted: Thu, September 20, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2007

• Reported By:West Haven Connecticut
Salute Visa
www.mysalutecard.com Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Salute Salute Visa, Issued By Urban Trust Bank, Serviced By CompuCredit Corporation TAKING ADVANTAGE OF CONSUMERS IN NEED, THEY DO NOT RECORD PAYMENTS TIMELY AND LYE ABOUT NOT RECEIVING PAYMENTS LATE, NEVER CHARGED MY BANK FOR MY PAYMENT AND SAY IT WAS RETURNED Newark New Jersey

I applied for salute visa and was approved. I of course had bad credit therefore I was so grateful for Salute to approve me and allow me to not only rebuild my credit improving it, but also allow me the priviliages that go along with a credit card. I sent them money orders as payments which took an extremely long time for them to post the payment to my account. I might as well have sent the payment to australia to credit my account quicker.

Well anyway on a serious note, I decided it might be quicker to sign up online for online payments via my checking account. I made a few payments one of which did clear thru and showed a credit on my salute bill and a debit on my checking account. The other two payments showed that they had processed and credited to my account via salute online card info. It showed my account as having 45 dollars available credit with no due payment remaining. My balance said 255.00. My limit was 300.00. Incidently I had lost my card ..

I reported it lost so they sent me a new card and new number. When I called to activate it, they told me my account was over the limit and late. They told me my account balance was now 380.00! UGGGHHHHH. What the heck. I said how could this be... I immediately thought that somebody had found and used my card. Then he said how my payment of 60.00 was returned for insuff. funds.

Well they had already posted the payment as I said to my account as received. When I checked with my bank there was no debit attempted by salute visa. They had never even attempted to withdraw the funds from my checking account. They lied and added charges to my account causing my account to go over the limit and show that I had passed due payments.

This is devistating in a way for me because I am trying to rebuild my credit and honestly made payments to my account on time to keep my balance low. Now I am facing 380.00 dollars worth of charges and a passed due over the limit reported on my credit report. I am glad that I found this site because at least I know that Im not crazy. Anyone interested in discussing this matter further or have any similar experiences with this company please feel free to to respond thanks.

Thetruthaboutitall
West Haven, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2007 06:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Salute-Visa/Newark-New-Jersey-07101/Salute-Salute-Visa-Issued-By-Urban-Trust-Bank-Serviced-By-CompuCredit-Corporation-TAKING-275413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Salute Visa