Complaint Review: Salute Visa

• Submitted: Wed, November 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2008

• Reported By:Antelope California
Salute Visa
P.O Box 11802 Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Salute Visa Revoked Charging Privileges Newark New Jersey

I have had my Salute Visa card now for over 7 months and have been a stellar client to them. I have always made my payments on time, and my credit limit even got increased. I am trying to re-establish credit again. I received a little note sized letter in the mail stating that because I went over my credit limit by $21.97 they permantely revoked my charging privileges (they closed my account). I called them immediately to ask them to reinstate my account because I was A. not aware of this policy (I have never heard of this, back when my credit was good and I had credit cards, if I had gone over my spending limit, all that was done is an overlimit fee was assessed, but my account was never cancelled because of that.). I spoke to two different people who barely spoke english. It is so frustrating to try to talk to these people because you can barely even understand them, and they are so monotone and just unfriendly, and uncaring about your situation. I spoke with a so called supervisor who would not do anything for me. He acknowledged that I have always paid my account on time, never had any late fees, etc. He said they won't let me use my card ever again and that it will show negatively on my credit report now, even though my payments are always on time. I am so upset right now, I really have been working hard at getting back on track and now what am I supposed to do? Because of $21.97 I am even worse off now than before, even though I was doing the right thing by paying on time. If I would have known that they had this policy (which again I never knew about), then I would have just cut up my card and never used it, because heaven forbid you go over by a few dollars. This is just so stupid and frustrating. I am now of course under my spending limit per I just paid my bill, however I cant use my card ever again and it is reporting negatively now. So much for trying to start over again.

Christina
Antelope, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2008 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Salute-Visa/Newark-New-Jersey-11802/Salute-Visa-Revoked-Charging-Privileges-Newark-New-Jersey-395330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Salute Visa