Complaint Review: Salvation Army

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:brunswick Maine
Salvation Army
127 Pleasant Street Brunswick, Maine U.S.A.
  • Phone: 207-373-1033
  • Web:
  • Category: Employees

Salvation Army Employees Unethical Behavior unethical, deceptive, no customer service, refuse to give a price Brunswick Maine

I am appalled by the service I received at the Brunswick, Maine Salvation Army Store today, May 27, 2009.
A woman with long brown hair who looked about 40, was terribly rude when I asked for a price on a piece of furniture.
I asked her about a couch that was not priced and did not have a 'sold' or 'hold' sign on it. She told me that someone in the store must have bought it if there wasn't a price on it. I asked her to come look at the couch with me and she wouldn't and walked away from me. Horrible service!

So I went to the cashier, an older lady with short white hair who was very nice. She went to get someone to help, but she returned with the same woman who wouldn't help me. Who then gave me attitude and said "are you asking about that couch again"
I said yes, and I would appreciate an employee helping me with it. She walked back to the couch and told me she didn't know why there wasn't a price, a sold sign or a hold sign on it and that I would have to come back tomorrow when a manger was in. and she walked away again.
What?! Not one of the 6 people working there could help me.

I believe she was trying to deceive me and was acting unethical and selfishly.
Why would an employee act like that towards their customers?
I'm very unhappy.

Brunswick Salvation Army
127 Pleasant Street
Brunswick, Maine 04015
Phone: 207-373-1033
Hours: Mon-Sat 9:00-6:00, Wed 9:00-8:00

brunswick, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Salvation-Army/Brunswick-Maine-04015/Salvation-Army-Employees-Unethical-Behavior-unethical-deceptive-no-customer-service-ref-455894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Salvation Army