- Report: #962452
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Salvation Army
Salvation Army1351 E. 10th St. Kansas City, Missouri United States of America
Salvation Army Mary Hills, Tony Cotrell, Troy Barker, Robin, Linda, Mary Epps, Diane Young, Coach, Richard, Envoy, and many others I presume. Dishonesty, Theft, Bully Employees/Management into unethical business w/fear of job loss, Violates Company Confidentiality Policies when reporting illegal & unethical activity to authority, turns head Kansas City, Missouri
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They are guilty of corrupt business practices
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: On the matter of Legitimacy...
This happens everyday all over the world but the heartbreak to follow is the kicker. I did what I know was the right thing to do the first time I was faced with one of these situations. I was assured I had done the right thing and I would be protected in the situation from it coming back on me since it was my direct superior.
I followed instruction and did what they asked. In turn not only was there no addressing of this obviously dishonest act that was verified after investigation. The same one who assured me I would not regret doing the right thing, revealed that I was the source of information to my direct superior.
The next time I walked through the door I was met with my first write up for "acting like I did not want to be there all the time" and "not being productive" both completely untrue. The work world had changed. Bitter hateful environment came down on the entire store. So very obviously the staff continually asked me what was wrong and why I was being treated so. Questions I could not answer because it would have been unprofessional to drag any staff member into the situation. After time though my superior did anyways trying to turn everyone against me. (Unsuccessfully I will add.)
I did what I should have, followed chain of command explained that I felt I was in a hostile work environment, other employees were being singled out also just for having been nice to me or asking me for guidance. I was met with "I don't have time for this".
I continued up the chain to the next link (respectfully the entire time.) From whom I got NO reply. However it was addressed with the link before who then came and confronted me angry that I his boss had been informed and he then no longer treated me with any respect either. Completely avoiding the store for 3 months so as not to have to bump into me and possibly have to do his job.
The next year was misery for me and many other good employees that were either singled out, framed, and fired; or quit in frustration. I started having people document the complaints they came to me with for record but had no one to turn to with it because the next link in the chain was in Chicago and I was informed by more than one long time employee & manager of another store that it would also be in vain.
The only reason I was not fired so quickly was because my direct superior did not have the authority to fire me. My superior and their boss though continued over the next 15 months to fabricate and create every reason to write me up that they could to try and make me look bad to the captain because it was his word that could fire me. I have only ever met him one time and he has never spoken to me.
I never lost respect of any of my store staff or other managers I worked with. They will vouch for my management practices as well as how I busted my butt for that company and every store I worked in. I refused to be driven away like I was the one doing wrong I held on to my positive attitude and belief that the truth would prevail. I don't have the time right now to cover all the very wrong things that are done to customers, employees, and beneficiaries, in the salvation army stores but I will say I gathered as much solid evidence & proof that I could in case the day came that someone could use it for good.
I had to have surgery this month something they knew was coming for the last year. Over the last few months I was asked several times for the dates so they could "plan for my absence" (FMLA). I had saved up 2 weeks of paid vacation time and over a week of paid sick time to compensate for my time off. When I found out the dates I informed them on a Monday, Tuesday was my day off, and Wednesday morning they fired me giving me ridiculous grounds that made no sense at all.
By firing me 5 days before the end of the month it would have ensured my insurance would lapse before covering my surgery, they would not have to pay me for my close to month of accrued time off, and because Salvation Army calls themselves "Church" there is NO unemployment. This job was the only means of support my family had.
Finally karma backed me up though. Because the grounds on which they were trying to fire me came out of nowhere I was technically "suspended pending termination" because it had to go through headquarters in Chicago for final approval. I don't know what happened there but my final check when I picked it up showed my 2 weeks of vacation pay posted to my check at the end of that two week pay period which meant several things.
1) They submitted it as a self termination (they make us fill it out that way no matter whether a person quits of is fired but when they are fired they never get vacation pay) so although was told I was fired they decided I quit.
2) The vacation pay was apply to the pay period by the payroll company AFTER the first of the month with insurance co-pay deducted. Which extended my insurance 1 more month so I was able to get my surgery anyways.
3) I still have the loss of income and I know Christmas is not happening for my kids this year but its rent and car payment/insurance that scare me. However, after all the time and energy that, that company and the far reaching corruption throughout it put into trying to get back at me for interfering with their thieving and forgery All they really took from me is 10 days of sick time. AND they lost a damn good, dedicated, hard working, honest, and reliable manager! (Which I now realize is not as common as one would hope!)
4) So I say I WON! I have an an excellent resume' and am a very qualified manager, I will find a job, I will be happier, my health will improve now, and I feel a weight has been lifted rather than set on me ironically.
In conclusion, I so hope Karma is not done setting things straight around there but she/he has an uphill battle. That's why I am writing this report so if anything that I have, know, or any contact with the other past and present employees that also know might help the person who does Karma's legwork let me know though Ripoff Reports proper channels. I got nothing to lose now because I've already won! :)
KARMA-WHAT GOES AROUND DOES COME AROUND! (Sometimes it just isn't moving very fast!)
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 12:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Salvation-Army/Kansas-City-Missouri-64068/Salvation-Army-Mary-Hills-Tony-Cotrell-Troy-Barker-Robin-Linda-Mary-Epps-Diane-Young-962452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)