Complaint Review: Salvation Army

• Updated: Thu, October 31, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Kansas City Missouri
Salvation Army
112 Cedar Point Sq. Belton,Mo Kansas City, Missouri USA

Salvation Army Tony Cantrell, Michelle Dillon, Arianna Beck Hostile Work Environment Belton Missouri

I was also a victim of hostile work enviroment in the store I worked at. When the new Store Manager and Assistant manager were brought into the store, the entire attitude of the employees changed. There was so much drama and double talk that it would make your head spin.

The store manager would bully all the employees that did not agree with her raising the prices on the items that were donated, and would threaten their jobs. She would tell everyone that if they had a problem to go to her (she was part of the main problem). She would also tell the employees not to call Tony and complain to him because he did not want to hear from the customers or the employees about what was going on in the store.

When I asked to be transfered to another store because I was tired of all the drama and bull, I was told by Tony that we were grown adults and we needed to figure things out for ourselves. The store manager would walk through the store with the assistant manager and take product off the floor and move it to the office to "buy" later. They would also leave the store together for close to an hour at times. When the store manager was going to be late she would call the assistant manager and have the assistant manager sign her into work and then come in close to 30 minutes after her scheduled time.

She would always make herself seem like the victim and would continuely bring up situations that were told were dropped. Granted there were other store employees that loved to say one thing about the manager and when confronted about it, their stories would change and they would say that I said it.

I always would try to come into work with a smile on my face and have a positive attitude, but after having been bullied and always told I was being "unproductive" my attitude would change. The other employee would come to me and tell me how much they disliked the new practices that were taking place in the store.

So I was suspended because I asked for a transfer and I was still looking for other jobs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2013 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Salvation-Army/Kansas-City-Missouri/Salvation-Army-Tony-Cantrell-Michelle-Dillon-Arianna-Beck-Hostile-Work-Environment-Belt-1095947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Salvation Army