Complaint Review: Sam Ash

Sam Ash
2600 Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Sam Ash The music gear mega store Danger, caution, beware Brooklyn, New York

*Author of original report: Sam Ash did the right thing

*Consumer Comment: I too recently had a Sam Ash issue.

*Author of original report: Sam Ash did the right thing

Please be AWARE of the bogus warranties and poor service that SAM ASH provides for their customers.

I want to caution all my fellow musicians out there. Before you decide to buy anything from Sam Ash please do some research and find a better option.

I bought a digital piano from Sam Ash and I was pressured into buying an extended warranty from the store. The salesman made it sound like the greatest thing on earth and said that everything would be covered under the extended warranty.
Well accidentally someone spilled juice on the piano and as a result 3 keys were sticking.

I took the piano to Sam Ash and they told me it would take 3 or 4 weeks to get it fixed. As it happened it took 5 weeks to "get it fixed" and they charged me for the repair work and the shipment -  something totally unexpected but the worst part is that they destroyed the piano cosmetically. It came back with all kinds of scratches and and dings - even the screen has dirt inside and one of the white keys is chipped.

I tried everything to get them to admit that they did something wrong including writing a letter to Paul Ash, the president of the company but everything failed. Please stay away from this company.  Do not buy anything from Sam Ash and you'll save yourself a lot of trouble and headaches .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2012 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sam-Ash/Brooklyn-New-York-11234/Sam-Ash-The-music-gear-mega-store-Danger-caution-beware-Brooklyn-New-York-824044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sam Ash

Sam Ash did the right thing

AUTHOR: pianoman - ()

Sam Ash did gave me a brand new piano after I wrote a letter to Paul Ash.

Is nice to know that this company value it's costumers.

I went back to the store and bought many things with out a problem.

I do support a company like Sam Ash that admit when they're wrong!!!

I too recently had a Sam Ash issue.

AUTHOR: Otkon - ()

And when you call their service line, you get put in touch with Paul Ash, the CEO, which is a nice touch. Unfortunately the insult I received from a store employee was not resolved. Ash and the store manager seemed more intent on still selling me the item in question, not addressing the deplorable customer service and comments I encountered.

Had someone in manangement offered me even a small token of compensation for the extremely unsatisfactory treatment I endured, I would still consider Sam Ash for my musical equipment needs. But I wouldn't so much as buy a guitar pick from them at this point. I will go into the store and try out instruments, waste their time and leave with my money in my pocket. That I will do.

Sam Ash did the right thing

AUTHOR: pianoman - (United States of America)

The complaint against Sam Ash has been resolved to my satisfaction.

The manager of the store called me and he was very nice, accommodating and understanding.

As a result they got their customer back!!!