Complaint Review: Sam Asinugo, New World Media, Trident Media

801 N. Pitt St. Suite 123 Alexandria, Virginia United States of America
  • Phone: 703 684 6895
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Sam Asinugo, New World Media, Trident Media Sam Asinugo They refused to report on the numbers of my book that had been sold. Only twice did they respond and each time indicated that only 4 copies were sold. This after I know that at least 45 were sold at a Alexandria, Virginia

Trident Media published my first book in 2003 and was committed to report to me twice a year on how many copies were sold.

After the first full year went by and still no report I contacted Sam Asinugo. He gave me a song and dance routine claiming the printing had cost more than they expected but I was not to worry. They were picking up the additional costs out of their own pockets.

Another year went by and after much badgering they finally sent me a report stating that I had sold 4 copies and included a check for $3.

This was slightly outrageous since 45 copies had been sold at a book signing event. As a matter of fact at the time the book was listed as the number 2 best seller for our region.

I hired and attorney to write to Trident and point out their contract obligations. They did not respond to him but 2 weeks later I received the second report.

It once again stated I had sold 4 copies and included another lousy $3 check. And that was that.

Taking legal action involved time, energy,money, travel to VA, going to mediation and then possibly to court. It just didn't seem worth it, so I dropped that approach.

Two weeks ago I wrote to Washington House, the division of Trident that is credited with publishing the book. Today it came back to me as undeliverable.

My only hope is that the whole bunch of them are out of business, and maybe run out of town!

New authors beware. Outfits like Trident will take you for a ride and cheat you out of their just rewards.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2010 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sam-Asinugo-New-World-Media-Trident-Media/Alexandria-Virginia-22314/Sam-Asinugo-New-World-Media-Trident-Media-Sam-Asinugo-They-refused-to-report-on-the-numb-614748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sam Asinugo, New World Media, Trident Media