Complaint Review: Sam Bakker

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: contest engine user — Internet Malaysia
Sam Bakker
3a Atlantis Place, Wellington 1025, New Zealand Internet United States of America

Sam Bakker Contest Sales Engine Facebook Contest App Generator Wellington, Internet

*General Comment: Sam Clearing Up The Issue

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Sam Baker a Fraud?

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response to complaint

The Crowd Conversion Social Sales Engine of Sam Bakker and Robert Grant came up with this Facebook Contest App generator. This product came after purchasing their webinar course a year ago that talked about Facebook marketing strategies. The bottom line of course, was driving traffic to your website.

As advertised, I was able to use the said contest generator with such ease and introduce Facebook Contests to my clients as part of my online marketing services. These clients whom I had provided Facebook accounts were very much impressed with these add-on service and true enough, there was optimism because of the high amount of traffic we got out of the contest
participants.

The contest promotion was indeed one of the cornerstones of online marketing and it was gathering steam and created quite a splash among the social networking site.

I trust Sam Bakker and Robert Grant, I really do. [continued below]....
.....

There was no reason to doubt them. They got their videos shown all over the webinars, their photos all over the web, and of course, their FB Contest App Generator that worked wonders for me and my clients. It was such a valuable investment with a win-win situation.

And so I thought.

Christmas Day, 2012. I was supposed to check for the December contest winners. I was surprised to see that the domain has expired!

Many things crossed my mind. But I pushed them all back and told myself to be patient. It was the holidays anyway, so I figured I would just wait by January.

A couple of days had passed, there was no change in the site and now I was beginning to be alarmed. On one side, I was afraid what I would tell my clients and on the other hand, I was now beginning to be pissed off.

Still I wanted to be civil and all, so I wrote Robert Grant a letter via his email (info@robertgrant.me). It was the first week of January and until now. I got no response. I do receive an email from him today informing the latest webinar schedules. Same goes for Sam Bakker who sent an autoresponse email that you cannot even reply to.

Strange.

I am writing this article to share my sad and unfortunate experience in dealing with these people.     I have no intention to malign or to pass judgment on them. The fact is that I got duped into buying a product and I have the right to voice out my disgust. It would have been better if they at least replied to my emails and all.

I made the mistake of trusting them, and I got what I deserved.

That is why I made this report to remind them that we, the "small business" players, must be respected too. I hope they restore the site or refund my hard-earned money.

So, if you see their names and their products.

Be warned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sam-Bakker/internet/Sam-Bakker-Contest-Sales-Engine-Facebook-Contest-App-Generator-Wellington-Internet-1006408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sam Bakker

#1 General Comment

Sam Clearing Up The Issue

AUTHOR: Dewan - ()

Sam Got in touch moments after me logging my complaint. He generously refunded me and promised to keep the service running and made up for all conveniences caused. He also offered me FREE membership to one of their other programs which I thought was a great way to keep me on as a satisfied customer.

Issue resolved.

Dewan

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Sam Baker a Fraud?

AUTHOR: Dewan - ()

I bought the Social Trends Newsletter from Sam BAker after attending one of their webinars.

Within the webinar I got told that We will be supplied with a monthly NEW newsletter each month.

I didnt receive the first month's newsletter and after chasing them up i finally got it about 5 days later.

Sam promised we will receive it on the 10th of every month.

Its now the second month and today is the 14th of April and guess what? -- Still no sign of Sam's Social Newsletter which cost me $99.

Im not sure whether i need to chase them up every month to receive what i paid for - or whether he can just do a refund on the lousy service.

Lets wait and see.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response to complaint

AUTHOR: Sam Bakker - (New Zealand)

Hi,

Sam Bakker here, the site socialsalesengine.com had an issue with it's domain. This meant that users were unable to access the domain for about 4 - 5 days. What we decided to do to resolve this situation is move the contents of the domain and databases at that time to a new domain with an upgraded product. We sent emails out to all users of Social Sales Engine however many may not have seen the emails for a variety of reasons. There is now a notice up at socialsalesengine where users can get access to this new updated product and domain. I will not have seen any emails if they were sent to a crowdconversion.com domain as this is not owned by me and I now have no association with that company. If anyone else has an issue with socialsalesengine or accessing that product they can get in touch with me at sam@sambakker.com :) my emails are checked daily and we have a focus on making sure our customers are happy.

Sam B