Complaint Review: Sam Dell Chrysler Jeep

• Submitted: Mon, November 10, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, November 10, 2003

• Reported By:liverpool New York
Sam Dell Chrysler Jeep
7800 Brewerton Road North Syracuse, New York U.S.A.

Sam Dell Chrysler Jeep ripoff adds cost of trade in to loan and points to loans with chrysler financial Syracuse New York

These people are so dishonest they were found guilty by the attorney generals office, and had to refund thousands of dollars to the public. They add points to the interest rate quoted by Chyrsler Financial. When I contacted the financing co. and inform them that Sam Dell was found guilty, they sent my a refinance form.

Later, after about thirty calls to them, they informed me that they no longer do refinancing and that I was stuck with the origianl loan.

1. Check the amount to be financed, make sure that they are not adding in the cost of your trade in. Total selling price would be the line you look on.

2. Do not use their finance company, my loan was financed for 6.5% at the company, by the time I heard the quote is was 10%. (The dealers profit). I was told initially because of my divorce, that my credit would not be approved by anyone but them. I believed their blatant lies. I received later in the mail, 5 loan approvals for the car.

3. You do not ever have to have an extended warranty to qualify for the loan. In fact they added it on to the loan without my approval, and I had to pay $25.00 to cancel it.

4. Do not ever tell them what you can afford, they will go up from there, never lower. AND NEVER, NEVER sign the papers unless each number adds up to what it is supposed to be. Take a calculator with you, if you have to.

5. Do not deal with them personally once you find that they have done you wrong, get a laywer. They wanted to take me out and discuss this matter over coffee or something. (Yeah right) I may have signed the contract, stupidly thinking they would rectify it for me on Monday, but I'm not stupid enough to go on a "date" with someone who is trying to strong arm the deal they did.

6. My suggestion would be to skip this entire company when trying to purchase a new car, unless you are a lawyer, or a mathematician.

Cindy
Liverpool, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2003 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sam-Dell-Chrysler-Jeep/Syracuse-New-York-13212/Sam-Dell-Chrysler-Jeep-ripoff-adds-cost-of-trade-in-to-loan-and-points-to-loans-with-chrys-71525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sam Dell Chrysler Jeep