Complaint Review: Sam Smargissi - 203(K) Consultants

• Submitted: Tue, January 27, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, September 27, 2011

• Reported By:baltimore Maryland
Sam Smargissi - 203(K) Consultants
P.O. Box 927 Ft. Meade, Maryland U.S.A.

Sam Smargissi - 203(K) ConsultantsSam Smargissi - 203(K) Consultants Smargissi - Scam - 203(K) consultant Ft. Meade Maryland

*Author of original report: Make it up as you go along

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 203 K Renovation Loan Process

Sam Smargissi of Ft. Meade, Maryland purports to be a 203(K) program specialists to help unsuspecting home buyers receive HUD funds to rehab home purchases.

We paid Sam Smargissi $200 to look at a property and provide a 'written' report on the work that needed to be completed. Despite frequent polite phone calls and emails asking Sam Smargissi for the report, he has never provided one to us.

Additionally, he suggested that he would do the repair work to bring the home up to standards to receive the HUD loan. He told us that this was illegal but that he could 'get around' that. He said he would either do the work through an affiliate firm or provide the report through an associate.

When he said this we asked for the report or our money back and agreed to go a separate direction, but he has refused all of our requests.

Stephen

Cheek58
baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sam-Smargissi-203K-Consultants/Ft-Meade-Maryland-20755/Sam-Smargissi-203K-ConsultantsSam-Smargissi-203K-Consultants-Smargissi-Scam-20-416681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sam Smargissi - 203(K) Consultants

Make it up as you go along

AUTHOR: Cheek58 - (U.S.A.)

He is making up things as he goes along

We agreed to a written report for the price of $200 -  he did not provide the report

No tree limb growing through window????

He provided no pictures, nor did he provide loan documents

Loan disapproval is fictitious statement by him.

As stated previously:

When he said this we asked for the 'written' report or our money back and agreed to go a separate direction, but he has refused all of our requests.

Steer clear.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

203 K Renovation Loan Process

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

When this client called me and asked for the inspection, I provided him my web site, told him HUD Requirements, and fees requirements. He stated that the fee of $400.00 was too much and that he only had $200.00 to work with. That he was in the loan process and wanted the inspection done ASAP. We arrived at the property and I performed the inspection. I went over FHA Requirements, loan process and selection of a contractor in Maryland. I told him that the contractor must have a MHIC. As I started to inspect the property we had major damage. We had a tree limb growning through the window, mold and mildrew was present, lead base paint conditions, the property needed a new kitchen, bathroom, windows, scrape and paint all exteriow wood, interior drywall repairs, and painting. The hardwood floors needed to be sanded and poly. The electrical panel box needed to be upgraded to 150 amps, and all outlets and switches needed to be replaced. The front porch had damage and needed repairs. New HVAC, and hot water was on tap.

The total cost of repairs came in at $37,500. When I was completed with my inspection I did advise this client of the cost. He stated then that he only had $17,000 to work with. I told him that was not enough money needed to repair the damage within this property. He stated that he could do the work himself, and that he NEEDED TO GET INTO THIS PROPERTY. I told him at that time I must write it up (as is) submit to his loan officer. That is what I did. Provided him pictues, the complete scope of work and all necessary doucments for closing. Several weeks pass and he called the office stating that his loan was disapproved and he wanted his money of $200.00 return. That I could have reduced the renovation cost, and he could have purchased this property. I did not return his money as I perfomed my duties as directed. If he did not qualify for the amount of money needed to bring the home up to health and safety conditions, then I cannot and will not lower my cost estimates to satisfy anyone conditions. I must protect HUD, the investor, and the client even when they think (they know what is best for them). I stay ture to my profession. Please read some of the letters of appreciation written on my behalf.