- Report: #328196
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Samantah Avery
Samantah Avery19 North Bridge Glasgow, United Kingdom
Samantha Avery STILL TRYING TO STRIKE! WITH PRICES LIKE THIS SHE MUST BE THINKING SHE OPRAH. YOU GET A CAR, YOU GET A CAR EVERYONE GETS A CAR Glasgow
*General Comment: Victims Stop! Fraud contact me!
Thank you for your interest about my car. Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm out of country right now and I have been very busy. The total price of the 2005 Acura 3.2TL is $6,500. THIS IS MY LAST PRICE. I will not negociate the price. The car is registered and located in United States. I want to keep the car for me, but I cannot register it here, as it is made for the USA market, according to US standards. So, I decided to sell it.
A few words about the car:
-2005 Acura 3.2TL
-Title is clean.
-Engine: 6 Cylinder
The car is like new, in perfect conditions, accident free, no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever. A genuine road runner ready to be yours, but only if you shall understand and you won't make me loose time as it has already happened to me.
If you have any question please don't hesitate to reply.
Thank you again for your interest.
So I am thinking ok I can see someone selling the car but the price still seemed to good to be true!! So I emailed "Samantha or the low life" my number asking her to contact me and she responded by:
As I told you in my first e-mail, I am in Scotland, United Kingdom with my work. Before leaving US I had prearranged the deal with MoneyBookers.com so my presence in US isn't necessary. The car is in their warehouse in New York ready for delivery.You have 10 days to test and inspect the car. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you:
full name and address
After I will have all this details I will forward them to MoneyBookers and I will proceed the order. MoneyBookers will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that i am covered by them and that I am legit seller.
Waiting your email with the requested details.
So, I went on line looked at moneybookers.com and was like ok, this could be true. So I for them to contact me to my surprise they contact me by email (for some reason I was thinking it would be via telephone) here is want I was told to do:
Escrow Transaction #MB01005646 - Pending
Pending Delivery Shipment
(Keep this for your records)
Transaction Date: April 22 2008
First Name: Samantha
Last Name: Avery
Address: 19 North Bridge
Zip Code: EH1 1SD
Country: United Kingdom
Handled by: MoneyBookers - Online
MoneyBookers - United States
3 days after payment confirmation
Days for Inspection: USD 6,500.00
No Commercial Value
Description of Goods: 2005 Acura 3.2TL
Additional Services: None
Status of Inspection:
Shipping: USD 0.00
*Note: Shipping expenses are covered by Seller.
Package 1 of 1
Insured MoneyBookers Deposit:
Insured MoneyBookers Amount:
Insured MoneyBookers Remaining Balance:
USD 1,950.00 (30%)
The escrow process for the completion of a transaction (purchase or sale) through Internet can be done in five simple steps:
1. The buyer and the seller agree to the terms and details of the transaction.
2. The buyer sends the safe deposit to MoneyBookers verified agent. Payment is verified and deposited into a trust account.
3. MoneyBookers ships the merchandise to the buyer, knowing that the buyer's payment is secured.
4. The buyer accepts the merchandise after having the opportunity to inspect it.
5. MoneyBookers pays the seller after all conditions of the tran saction are met.
How to make the payment:
1) Click HERE to locate the nearest MoneyGram Office.
2) Make the payment for the deposit with cash using our verified MoneyBookers Agent details as receiver:
MoneyBookers Verified Agent Details:
Name: Bryan Lederman
Street: 243 Hagley Road
Zip Code: BS16 6NH
Country: United Kingdom
3) Fax the MoneyGram receipt at the following fax # : +1 (267)-327-6619
- E--mail us - by replying to this e-mail - the following details from the payment receipt:
- Reference Number - 8 digits number from the receipt
- Sender Name and Address
- Receiver Name (MoneyBookers Agent)
- Amount Sent
To avoid fees from MoneyGram you will have to declare at MoneyGram agent that the money will be sent for a relative or friend (the transfer commission will be smaller 3~5%). For online payments, you could pay 10~12% transfer commission.
I was prepared to go forward with this transaction however, I could not understand why I needed to go to a local office where money grams are sent vs going to moneybookers.com and sending the money directly to them something didn't sound right. However, I wasn't sending any money until I knew for sure this wasn't a scam. I turned to the internet and I saw this person is trying to ripe people off big time!!!!
I ran a carfax report on the above vin number and it checked out!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2008 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samantah-Avery/Glasgow-/Samantha-Avery-STILL-TRYING-TO-STRIKE-WITH-PRICES-LIKE-THIS-SHE-MUST-BE-THINKING-SHE-OPR-328196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)