residential

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2010

• Reported By:Pottstown Pennsylvania
Samaritans At Last
42 State Road Media, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Samaritans At Last, Davis Menya Theft of Services - Authorized web development - NONPAYMENT Media Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Finally paid

*Consumer Comment: Still haven't been paid or contacted

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: SAMARITANS AT LAST IS NOT A SCAM NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION

Davis Menya authorized us in writing to develop a web site for his Christian organization, Samaritans at Last. We performed the work in good faith, however Davis Menya never paid his bill. Upon contacting him many times, he would promise to make a payment or call back. He never did any of those things. Beware of doing business with Davis Menya and Samaritans at Last...you will not get paid for services rendered.

Donnadmu
Pottstown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2008 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samaritans-At-Last/Media-Pennsylvania-19063/Samaritans-At-Last-Davis-Menya-Theft-of-Services-Authorized-web-development-NONPAYMEN-296642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samaritans At Last

Finally paid

AUTHOR: Rju - (U.S.A.)

Today, September 14, 2010, we were finally paid by Davis Menya of Samaritans at Last for the website we developed for him in 2007.

Still haven't been paid or contacted

AUTHOR: Rju - (U.S.A.)

As the other partner in the marketing firm that did Mr. Menya's website (as well as the designer who did the actual work), I wanted to comment on his rebuttal:

"I will restitute for all that they claim they did for me. I hope good sense and understanding will prevail."

First, to say that we claimed to build a site is insulting. We not only built the entire site, we paid for his stock photos (over $100), registered his domain for $35, and put his site under our hosting plan ($120/yr).

Now, to address his comment that he will make restitution. As of today, September 19, 2008, we have not been contacted by Mr. Menya, he has not responded to our requests for payment, nor have we received a dime in payment from him. We offered him payment plans twice and he kept neither arrangement. We generously offered to waive the cost of the stock photos, all accrued interest, hosting fees, etc. if he just paid for the work on the site, and he never responded to our offer. We provided our services in good faith and just wanted to be paid for our time and work.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

SAMARITANS AT LAST IS NOT A SCAM NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION

AUTHOR: Davis - (U.S.A.)

To all who may read this report by Donna, it is not true of what she wrote about us. All who know me, know that i am a very hardworking person, honest person. I came to know Donna through some network group, but a time of working with her, my company was just getting started. Due to some economic struggles, which i explained to her, our relationship and partnersip never materialised. I am very surprised that she wrote this about me.

Samaritans At Last is still going on strong, and i will not accept such reports to be detrimental to us. True we have had bad times when business was not good, but it doesn't mean that we do business to ripoff others, i think that is very disrepectiful. I have several clients who strongly agree with me and are willing to testify of my relationship with them. It was unfortunate that this happened between me and Donna. I will restitute for all that they claim they did for me. I hope good sense and understanding will prevail. If all i do is ripoff people, then i would be in jail. But it can't even occur to me to think of such a thing. Donna i love you, and i hope with all understanding that you will rethink what you wrote.