Complaint Review: Sammons Electronics

• Updated: Mon, June 04, 2012

• Reported By: M. — McIntyre Georgia United States of America
Sammons Electronics
121 Garrett Way NW Milledgeville, Georgia United States of America

Sammons Electronics I was given an amount to replace the antenna jack on my television of $50.00 and was told to leave a deposit of $24.50 in which I did and this also was written on the receipt. However, I called before Milledgeville, Georgia

I took my television to Sammons Electronics to replace the antenna jack and was told by the employee it shouldn't take long and perhaps it would be ready later that day which was on a Saturday, but if not it would definitely be Monday. Then I asked how much would it cost. He replied $50.00 and he stated he would need a deposit of half the amount. I gave him such along with my cell number to call once the repair was complete.

So I didn't receive a call, so I called the business on the following Monday and the owner answered the call and I replied I was calling to see if my television had been repaired. He asked for my name and I provided, then he asked for my claim number. However, while I waited I overheard his conversation to the employee that assisted me initially when I brought my television in. The owner was upset stating that he had given me a wrong price.

Afterwards, the owner returned to the telephone to ask if I needed an estimate and I told him no, that I was already given a price for the repair. He stated that was the wrong price and that it cost $125.00 and that it was already repaired. I told him why would I have to pay an additional $100.00 after I was told initially a different amount. I further suggested that would be considered a rip off. He told me that the price would remain so I need to pick up my television. Once, I picked up the television the employee that assisted me in the beginning approached me and I told I was there to pick up my television and he pointed to it sitting on the floor.

I then asked for my receipt for the deposit I left initially and the receipt clearly shows the price of $50.00 for the repair. Also, the receipts shows signs of additional information added such as the $50.00 price was written over to look as though it was $75.00 and then there comments such as the television needs main board remote, which is all untrue. The owner was very rude and told me he wouldn't repair my television if it cost $1,000.00 and told me to never come to his business again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2012 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sammons-Electronics/Milledgeville-Georgia-31061/Sammons-Electronics-I-was-given-an-amount-to-replace-the-antenna-jack-on-my-television-of-892982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sammons Electronics