Complaint Review: Sams Club Discover GE MONEY BANK

• Updated: Wed, July 06, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — Denver Colorado United States of America
Sams Club Discover GE MONEY BANK
SamsClub.com/credit Internet United States of America

Sams Club Discover GE MONEY BANK BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, NOTHING DONE FOR DISPUTE. Internet

*Author of original report: Reply

*Consumer Comment: Rule on your own "dispute"

*Consumer Comment: How do you know?

I have purchased privat tutoring lessons online using my Sams Club Discover credit card. After finding out that it was a scam, I tried contacting the merchant who refused to listen to me and threatened me with legal counsil. I contacted GE Money Bank and they assured me that they would dispute it and credit my account for the amount. 90 days passed and nothing has been done by the Bank, They have sent me a letter stating they cannot do anything about the dispute. When calling them on the phone the reps are all not nice, and the supervisors are even worst. They told me that If i am not satisfied with the decision I can write the bank itself, but that there was no one else that I can talk to. Its very frustrating considering that throughout the 90 days that I called them they would tell me everything is fine and the dispute is still being worked on. and this is not the bad part they sided with the merchant after the merchant sent them forged receipts and paperworks!!! I have tried on many different occasions to tell them that without any luck, No one at GE Money bank want to listen!!! Dont open up a credit card throught them, better off going with any other bank or credit card but not Sams Club Discover, and definately not GE Money bank!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2011 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sams-Club-Discover-GE-MONEY-BANK/internet/Sams-Club-Discover-GE-MONEY-BANK-BAD-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-NOTHING-DONE-FOR-DISPUTE-Internet-749214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sams Club Discover GE MONEY BANK

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I have been with sams Club Discover for a little over 2 years and every year I spend close to $50,000.00 on the card... I had a similar dispute through Chase Visa about a year ago, they did credit my account within 30 days that the dispute has been filed. After all people use credit cards to get some assurance, protection from merchants like this.

Rule on your own "dispute"

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Simply don't pay.

How do you know?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Given the circumstances that you admit you made the charge, that they according to you are a scam and forged the receipts.  How do you know that the result would have been any different with any other card?

As a side note it is not very often that credit card companies will get between a merchant and card holder on what they feel is a dispute over the level of service.  They also take into consideration the length of time you have been a card holder as well as if they have had any other disputes with that company.  So if you have had the card for 30 days and this was your first charge, if they have no other disputes on this company them finding for you may be very tough.