Complaint Review: Sams Club - JRA Furniture

• Submitted: Fri, June 22, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 22, 2007

• Reported By:colorado springs Colorado
Sams Club - JRA Furniture
608 Sw 8th St Bentonville, Arkansas U.S.A.

Sams Club - JRA Furniture Ripoff Sells unusable furniture and says "SORRY-can't help" Bentonville Arkansas

I received a beautiful Bella Lago 8 pc. Patio Dining set a few months ago as a housewarming gift. We were going to move so I didn't bother opening the boxes until after we moved into our new place. I decided to have a big family BBQ on Father's Day so the day before, we open the set to put everything together. We quickly discovered the patio table had NO legs. The box said they were there..the instructions said they were there..but nothing.

I called the manufacturer as directed in the paperwork. (JRA Furniture) I've been calling since Monday and it's Friday. I am on hold for a minimum of 20 minutes before it disconnects me. I have spent OVER 5 hours this week on hold and have been disconnected every time. I have tried both 800 numbers and the long distance number with the identical result. I also emailed them at custserv@jrafurniture.com and every email has been sent back with a message that the company is over their quota.

So Wednesday, I email Sams cust. serv. to explain the situation BUT because I don't have the original order number, they won't even attempt to help me! I reminded them that they sold unusable merchandise but they don't care. I explained I've been trying to contact JRA and they won't assist there either. So now, I have a patio set that can't be used and Sams is wiping their hands of me. What would I need just legs for if I weren't being honest??? Give me a break! I'm not asking for a return or refund..I just want to use the dang set! After researching JRA on the internet, it seems they are pros at selling faulty patio furniture and apparently, they've filed bankruptcy.

It's a huge disservice on Sams part to allow these items to be sold and then ignore the consumer if it's faulty!! Don't buy patio furniture at Sams!! I'm even a member but have no desire to renew that anymore. I've given them plenty of money..all I want is legs to my table!

Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2007 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sams-Club-JRA-Furniture/Bentonville-Arkansas-72716/Sams-Club-JRA-Furniture-Ripoff-Sells-unusable-furniture-and-says-SORRY-cant-help-Bent-256237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sams Club - JRA Furniture