Complaint Review: Sams Club

• Reported By: wyomingzephyr — Alcova Wyoming United States of America
Sams Club
Casper, Wyoming United States of America

Sams Club Lap top Warranty Ripoff Casper, Wyoming

I purchased two high end computers from Sam's Club a few years ago and at that time spent 500 dollars on extended warranties.  One of the units developed a screen flicker.  I called the warranty number and was given instructions to send it in.  Within 7 to 10 days I would receive a repaired unit or a replacement.  At 14 days I began calling the numbers I had and was told there was no record of the computer.  I called the warranty company and they began to investigate.  I was given a shop repair number and was told that the computer could not be repaired because the screen problem was common and that I needed to speak with HP. A couple of days later the computer arrived with a piece of paper that stated the unit had water damage/abuse/wear and tear.  I spoke with HP tech support and we did diagnostics over the phone without any improvement to the screen.  They stated that was all they could do.  I then began speaking with the repair shop and got several excuses why it could not be fixed.  I'm not certain that it was even looked at.  After checking the internet I see that this type of warranty scam is very common.  I'm surprised that these companies get away with it.  I will never purchase an extended warranty again as this isn't the only experience I've had with a warranty that proved useless.  Extended Warranties are a total waste of cash.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2012 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sams-Club/Casper-Wyoming-82604/Sams-Club-Lap-top-Warranty-Ripoff-Casper-Wyoming-948435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sams Club