Complaint Review: Sam's Club

• Updated: Wed, April 23, 2014

• Reported By: reporting a scam — Cookeville Tennessee
Sam's Club
Nationwide USA

Sam's Club Wal-Mart Charging double for an item, and asking consumer to wait 3-5 days for refund Cookeville Tennessee Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: FYI

Sam's Club double charged me 200.00 x2 for a fire proof safe that I purchased. I thought the amount the cashier charged was incorrect, and when I looked at thr receipt that she gave me, i realized that she charged me double for the safe. I immediately told her of her error, and asked that she cancel all my purchases, and re=ring the correct amount. She indicated that this was NOT SAM'S POLICY, that I had to request a refund----for something I didn't purchase----.  I went to customer service and complained, and they again indicated that was SAMS POLICY. I asked for a cash refund since I used my debit card, and again was told NOT SAMS POLICY---I had to get a refund through my debit card.

Today I looked at my bank account info, still no refund, for something I never purrchased. I called the store, was laughed at, not given a real name, and given the 800 Walmart number. I called and after 40 minutes with the call center idiot, got nowhere.  Consequently, I am wondering how much money SAMs makes froem these double charges, and refunds. I suspect that they could make millions holding ont others money for days. I also wonder how many people do no check their receipts, and what kind of money they really make doing this. I googled my incident, and it appears that SAMS is infamous for this. Do you think its time for a class action????

Sincerely,

Waiting for a refund

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sams-Club/nationwide/Sams-Club-Wal-Mart-Charging-double-for-an-item-and-asking-consumer-to-wait-3-5-days-for-1140939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sam's Club

FYI

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

All refunds go to the corporate office where they are processed. No I do not work for them but I know about refunds so be patient. As for your class action suit the only person(s) who benefit from this type of suit is the Attorney(s).  Jees grow up.