Complaint Review: Sam's Wrecker Service

• Submitted: Thu, August 26, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, January 20, 2013

• Reported By: Jt biggler — Orlando Florida U.S.A.
Sam's Wrecker Service
1030 W Jefferson St Brooksville, Florida United States of America

Sam's Wrecker Service Sold my car a month and a half before the deadline they gave me to get it back. Brooksville, Florida

*General Comment: vehicle owner responsible

My car was impounded by the State of Florida then transferred to the care of Sam's Wrecker Service. When I called to find out how long I had to come up with the money I owed them so I could get my car back they told me I had until October. I called on 8/26/10 to make arrangements to get some personal items out of the car and they informed me that my car had already been sold at auction a week ago. When I pointed out that I had been informed I had until October to get this taken care of they called me a liar. I stressed the importance of the personal items in the car and my desire to get them back. They refused to give me the contact information of the buyer of my car (understandable) but when I asked if they would please give my contact information to the buyer so he/she/it could contact me to let me know if my personal items were recoverable Sam's responded with negative speculations (The junk yard that bought your car probably already destroyed your car etc) and an overwhelming desire to be of absolutely no assistance. To add insult to injury they joyfully reminded me that it was my responsibility to pay what I owed in the time frame allotted. I thought I was doing just that. My life is difficult enough without these parasites lying to me, then ripping me off, then insulting me.

These people are deplorable. The kind of rude you get when dealing with a bored government employee in a permit office. They don't need your business and it shows. They go out of their way to NOT be helpful. An office full of burn outs and losers; they revel in your frustration and cackle among themselves when they can actually make someone snap. It is horrible to deal with them and the only justice is that at the end of the day they are tow truck drivers, and office slags, with no hope of ever advancing higher than the very lowest rung of the automotive service industry. I know car wash slugs with more dignity and class than this bunch of trailer dwellers. Unfortunately I am sure these losers are breeding and raising additional slugs to take over the family business in the future so the cycle of inbread incompetence can continue forever. If Brooksville needed an enema Sam's is where they would stick the hose. Do yourself a favor; set your car on fire and walk home before calling Sam's.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2010 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sams-Wrecker-Service/Brooksville-Florida-34601/Sams-Wrecker-Service-Sold-my-car-a-month-and-a-half-before-the-deadline-they-gave-me-to-634692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sam's Wrecker Service

#1 General Comment

vehicle owner responsible

AUTHOR: Nora - (United States of America)

First let me say that I have been doing Towing and Storage title work for years and in order for Sams to sell this vehicle it had to be at their location for at least 35 days in which the owner had ample time to recover his personal belongings, he would have been notified by certified letter as to the date and time of the public auction at the last address on file with DMV , if he didnt change his address as required by law he would not have received the letter and that would be his fault as well. he can blame everyone he wants but at the end of the day he cant blame anyone but himself. if sams towing kept every car they had that people did not pick up they would be a junk yard.