- Report: #593945
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.400 Valley Rd, Suite 201 Mount Arlington, New Jersey United States of America
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Customer Service, Warranty Mount Arlington New Jersey
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Here are the general highlights
Early Nov. 2009: Ordered new Samsung microwave (rated best by Consumer reports). Picked microwave up a few days later. That night, I was in process of unpacking it when I discovered small chip at top edge of front door glass. The box was undamaged and the styrofoam protection (at chip site) was undamaged - thus damage had to have occured during manufacture or packing. I phoned Samsung, but it was after hours. Within a day or two, I called again and detailed the damage to the customer service representative. She recommended returning the unit to the store of purchase. I advised the unit had (by then) been installed and that their warranty indicated in-home repair for the first who assigned a "Transaction Number" (4005786xxx) and advised a local appliance repair company would be calling to arrange in-home repair.
Dec. 31, 2009: After weeks of delays and several calls from me, the appliance co. reported difficulty in getting parts and/or much assistance from Samsung in even identifying part numbers. I phoned Samsung directly. I briefed Rebecca who assigned a new "Ticket Number" (4005991xxx). I personally verified with "Joe" in parts (800-627-4368) that my needed parts were available, but the part number could only be disclosed to an authorized repair technician. I provided Joe's contact info to appliance repair company.
Feb. 5, 2010: I called appliance co. requesting status. I am advised they show the matter closed and all notes erased (Arrrrgh!). I review the events to date, and again request part be ordered and installed.
March 26, 2010: I called appliance co. only to learn nothing has been done (idiots!). I phone Samsung "Don" who confirmed the matter showed as closed. I brief him and subsequently was given a new "Claim Number" (3000589xxx). I was then transfered to Executive Customer Relations where I detail to "Whitney" ALL of the events and frustrations thus far. Whitney stated my microwave door had been on backorder, but was showing as available effective Feb 28th. She put me on hold for several minutes, then advised a new appliance company was going to be assigned. She provided yet another "Claim Number" (4006420xxx). The new appliance co. was to call me within 48 business hours. Whitney was sympathetic to my frustration and came off as wanting to be my "go-to person". She advised she would look into getting me some sort of "good-will" compensation for the delays and frustration. She graciously provided me her direct extension.
April 1, 2010: New appliance co. has not called. Left voice message for Whitney w/ claim #.
April 2, 2010: Left voice message for Whitney w/ claim #.
April 13, 2010: Phone Samsung and talk to "Lashandria" in Executive Customer Relations. She confirmed my appointment w/ new appliance co. is set for the morning of April 16.
April 16, 2010: ~9:15am; Repair Tech arrived and was briefed. He confirmed the damage but had concerns with ordering the part. Seems the work order from Samsung lacked any authority to replace the door, or moreover, even order it. The work order mearly read (in effect), "Small chip in door glass". It seemed odd that - after ALL of this effort - Samsung would finally get a Tech. here just to verify that the door is in fact damaged. Tech. advised that such games are somewhat common, and from assorted companies. He phoned Samsung and, after several transfers, spoke with "Natasha" in Executive Customer relations. Natasha confirmed - and reconfirmed with her supervisor - that since the damage was only cosmetic, no parts would be covered! Samsung will cover the $135.00 charge for the appliance tech's time confirming the chip on my microwave's door, but not the damaged door itself. Ridiculous!
ALL OF THIS WORK, TIME AND FRUSTRATION ONLY TO BE THE VICTIM OF A SHELL GAME?! What was to point?? Customer service??
Why repeatedly schedule the appliance companies to even come out if Samsung wasn't going to cover the damage? Why the indication - twice actually - of some sort of good will gesture?!
I called "Whitney" (see March 26) who was now no help.
Now what? State Atty. General (Consumer protection) and/or local TV consumer reporter/advocate.
Global Code of Conduct - Samsung
Principle 3. We respect customers, shareholders and employees
3-1. We put priority on customer satisfaction in management activities
1) The Company will endeavor to reflect and give priority to the requirements and recommendations of customers for the improvement of product design, distribution, and service.
2) The Company will make every effort to engage with its customers in a polite and equitable manner based on its belief that Samsung Electronics exists because of its customers. (Note: I added the underline - RH)
3) The Company will respect the customers right to choose by refraining from exaggerated advertisements or coercive sales techniques, which could mislead customers with regard to the quality, function and specifications of product or service.
4) The Company will endeavor to reach just resolutions of customer-related disputes and will respond to the complaints of customers in a transparent, timely and effective manner. (Note: I added the underline - RH)
The words don't match the actions...
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2010 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung-Electronics-Co-Ltd/Mount-Arlington-New-Jersey-07856/Samsung-Electronics-Co-Ltd-Customer-Service-Warranty-Mount-Arlington-New-Jersey-593945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)