Complaint Review: Samsung Electronics

• Updated: Sat, July 21, 2012

• Reported By: Terry — Edwardsburg Michigan United States of America
Samsung Electronics
85 Challenger Road Ridgefield Park, New Jersey United States of America

Samsung Electronics Galaxy Tab "Update" "Problems" "Gps" "Buttons" "Corrupt" "Operating System" Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

On two occasions Samsung Electronics pushed out updates to my Galaxy Tab which caused serious problems with the device.  The first time it happened it was still within the one year warranty, The second time it was not so they charged me for damage which they caused.

Incident #1 - Samsung pushed out an update to the device which caused the GPS to stop functioning. Verizon was the service provider and offerred to be a go between with Samsung to get my device repaired and working again.  They never admitted that their update caused the problem until afterward.  I was sent a box to ship the device to them for repair.  The same day the box arrived a new update came out which I went ahead and ran since I had nothing to lose at this point.  The new update addressed the GPS issue and the tablet began working normally again.  Verizon did admit they knew about the update issue and were told not to disclose that to any of their customers. [continued below]....
.....  I stopped doing business with Verizon because of their deception.

Incident #2 - Samsung pushed out another update to the device which caused the volume rocker buttons and the touch screen buttons to stop functioning, effectively rendering the tablet useless.  I contacted them and explained to them what happened and they sent me a box to ship it to them for repair.  Once they had my tablet they said it was a hardware issue that just happened to break at the same time as the update.  This seemed strange even to one of their customer service people when I called to inquire about this new bill I received via email.  I was given two options to get my tablet back.  The first was to pay them $107 to "repair" it or if I did not pay they would ship it back not working.  I obviously paid but I am not pleased and in fact am very upset that I was charged at all since this was obviously caused by them in the first place.

Samsung was very deceptive in this situation and I am not at all happy with them as a company.  I have several of their products in my home and when I see their name on them I get sick to my stomach.  After this incident I do not believe I will purchase any more of their products unless they were to do something to make this right with me.  Either a refund or some sort of gift certificate worth at least $107.  My advice is to steer clear of Samsung and if you have their products make sure they are covered by a secondary warranty company like Best Buys black tie protection or something.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 05:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung-Electronics/Ridgefield-Park-New-Jersey-07660/Samsung-Electronics-Galaxy-Tab-Update-Problems-Gps-Buttons-Corrupt-Operating-Sy-915320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung Electronics