Complaint Review: Samsung Telecommunications America, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By: JAppNJ — Little Silver New Jersey United States of America
Samsung Telecommunications America, Inc.
1301 East Lookout Drive Richardson, Texas United States of America

Samsung Telecommunications America, Inc. Warranty Service Failure Richardson, Texas

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Nexus directly from Google on May 17, 2012.  I received the phone on May 19, 2012 and switched over the SIM from my 2 year old iPhone 4.

On June 24th, the Galaxy Nexus stopped charging or being recognized by my computer.  I called Google Play Support, but was told by them that my only recourse after about 35 days was to go through Samsung's warranty service.  Warranty service from Samsung consists of sending your device to their repair center in Plano, TX.  I live in NJ, and shipping the phone took 5 days.  They received it on June 29th.

On June 30th, I received an email stating that the repair was put on hold for lack of available parts, and via phone conversations with Samsung support, I have been told that there is no estimated date for the repair.  When/if the repair is finally completed, Samsung will ship the phone back to me via UPS Ground from Texas, which will take another 5 days.

The fact that this phone failed so soon after purchase indicates that Samsung has awful quality control on its products.  The fact that they do not have parts available to fix what I am sure is a common failure is a further indication of their lack of commitment to their customers.  Finally, since the failure and the unavailability of any parts to service the device are not my fault, they should ship me a working phone as I paid $400 for this device.

Samsung refuses to do any of this, instead telling me that all I can do is wait.  Meanwhile, I have been without my brand new phone for two weeks, which given the shipping option used by Samsung, will now be a minimum of three weeks, and there is nothing I can do about it.

At least I've still got my iPhone 4 lying around to use while I wait.  It's a rock-solid device, produced by a company that cares about its brand and its customers.  I hope that when/if I receive my Galaxy Nexus back from Samsung, it fetches me enough on eBay to fund a good portion of my next Apple purchase.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung-Telecommunications-America-Inc/Richardson-Texas-75082/Samsung-Telecommunications-America-Inc-Warranty-Service-Failure-Richardson-Texas-908969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung Telecommunications America, Inc.