• Report: #197740

Complaint Review: Samsung

• Submitted: Fri, June 23, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 23, 2006

• Reported By:Winston Salem North Carolina
samsung.com , New Jersey U.S.A.

Samsung Customer Service and exchange ripoff for television MT. ARLINGTON New Jersey

This whole debaucle started around June 8th. I sent an email trying to trouble shoot the geometry issues on my Samsung TX-R3079 30inch HD television. I got an email response telling me to call 1-800-SAMSUNG. I did just that and i was on hold for around an hour. So I call back the next day, same thing. Finally I was able to reach "customer support". They listened to my problem and decided to service my television and i was given a ticket number.

On their website there are two spaces to track the support for their products(repair self tracking, and my support) I was told that a service center would contact me within five days. I was contacted by the service center that is over 100 miles from where I live. They said they were going to pick up my television and take it to their shop.

I contacted Samsung about this because I was wanting to know if i would receive a loaner television until mine is fixed. They replied back that they should and to let them know if the service center was bringing me one. They called the morning of the pickup and they did not have the loaner. Another call to Samsung and they knew nothing about me needing a loaner television. They said i could pay for a loaner if i wanted one. The people must not comunicate with each other at Samsung. So I canceled the pickup and Samsung said they would find a new service center and contact me.

Days go by and we are at a week now waiting. I check the Support page on their website and now it says i am now going to receive an exchange and i should hear from them in a few days.

I wait a few days and i write email after email asking about the exchange. Most of the emails send me in circles. I call back Monday June 19th about the exchange and the customer service clerk pulls up my info using my Ticket number and she doesn't know anything about an exchange and she said she would have to contact their ECR because they had authorized an exchange and she didn't know why. I get an email back from them saying that my service will continue from the previous service center. On my Support page it still says I am still recieving an exchange. I've sent them copies of each of the support pages that states about the exchange.

My patience is running thin with Samsung and this will be the last time I will ever think of Samsung for any purpose in my life and everyone else please take note to their absurd customer service.

Winston Salem, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2006 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/New-Jersey/Samsung-Customer-Service-and-exchange-ripoff-for-television-MT-ARLINGTON-New-Jersey-197740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung