Complaint Review: Samsung

• Submitted: Sat, July 16, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 16, 2005

• Reported By:Austin Texas
105 Challenger Road Ridgefield, New Jersey U.S.A.

Samsung Defective MP3 player, botched repair and awful customer service, Ripoff Nationwide

In short, after reporting a fatal error in my Samsung YH-920 MP3 player, I mailed my MP3 player to CVE, Inc (Samsung's Warranty and Exchange provider). Several weeks later, I received an unlabeled camcorder in return. Since returning the camcorder to CVE, Inc, I have been unable to speak with any representative directly from CVE and have been unable to recover my missing MP3 player despite ongoing communications with Samsung Support. I had spoken with Samsung's customer service representatives on multiple occasions over a three month time period and over half a dozen various trouble tickets were issued, but my MP3 player was never returned to me.

At the fourth month, I received an box from UPS next day air with a new YH-925 MP3 player that had no letter or reference number to any of my trouble tickets. The box did not have any bubble wrap or anything, so it was not surprising that the "brand new" MP3 player was defective (I couldn't turn it off. It would cycle from on to off every thirty seconds until the battery went dead).

One more call to Samsung support who told me I had to pay to ship THIS defective MP3 player to CVE --the same company that never gave me my first defective player back and never returned my phone calls.

I have still never had anyone from Samsung or CVE write to me or call me back after I wrote letters and called routinely for four months. I tried consistently to be patient. I now own an iPod.

Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2005 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/Ridgefield-New-Jersey/Samsung-Defective-MP3-player-botched-repair-and-awful-customer-service-Ripoff-Nationwide-150001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung