Complaint Review: Samsung

• Updated: Wed, June 20, 2012

• Reported By: RealTiger — San Jose California United States of America
Samsung
105 Challenger Road Ridgefield Park, New Jersey United States of America

Samsung LED panel crcked on its own after less than 6 months. Not hornering warranty Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

I bought a Samsung 55-in LED Samsung TV from Costco last Dec for more than $1500. The TV had only been used very lightly (a few hours a week). A little more than a week ago, I came home from work and turned on the TV and found there's an about 8-inch wide vertical bar with several vertical lines in various colors. Called Costco and they connected me to Samsung. Took them about a week to send a tech to my home. The tech came and immediately said it's a "physical damage" even though there's no sign of damage on the outer surface. I told him the TV broke while I was away. He asked me if I have pets? Samsung will not cover "physical damage". A Costco service manager to me about the LED/LCD panel cracking cases he had been involved including power surges (many cases) and even one case was simply because the room was too hot! Samsung will not cover any of these. But they didn't say that their TVs need an air-conditioned and pet-free home!

I searched the web and found Samsung LED panel cracked internally on its own happened a lot more often than one might think. [continued below]....
..... I asked a Samsung service rep that if he can name me one example of led panel cracking case that they will cover. He couldn't.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2012 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/Ridgefield-Park-New-Jersey-07660/Samsung-LED-panel-crcked-on-its-own-after-less-than-6-months-Not-hornering-warranty-Ridg-900375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung