Complaint Review: Samsung

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, February 18, 2012

• Reported By: Abhishek — Plano Texas United States of America
Samsung
85 Challenger Road Ridgefield Park,NJ. 07660 Ridgefield Park, New Jersey United States of America

Samsung Plano Repair Center Terrible Customer Service | Charges for manufacturing defects Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

*Author of original report: Resolved by Samsung!

*Author of original report: Samsung RMA

*UPDATE Employee: Samsung Invites You to Contact Us

Samsung made me send my Samsung Galaxy S2 in for cracks that started developing on the bezel due to poor manufacturing (No physical damage or dent to phone). After 7 days and repeated calls, they shipped my phone back with a solution listed as "Software Reloaded"

After multiple calls, instead of acknowledging their Service center's mistake, Samsung asked me to pay 160$ to replace the bezel (the phone is under warranty). During the entire RMA process no one told me there were costs associated or why the phone was fixed for Software (even though there was no S/W issue).

My personal rating for Samsung - Bad Quality, Bad Customer Service and Bad Customer Experience Management.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/Ridgefield-Park-New-Jersey-07660/Samsung-Plano-Repair-Center-Terrible-Customer-Service-Charges-for-manufacturing-defects-834839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung

Resolved by Samsung!

AUTHOR: Abhishek - (United States of America)

Samsung representatives reached out to me and took complete ownership of the issue. I was given a valid explanation and the issue with my device was corrected via a replacement. Samsung had it arranged to be delivered to me overnight. I activated the new handset and have been given instructions on how to ship the original handset back to them.

I am very impressed that Samsung showed interest in my feedback (I spoke to a Supervisor alongside filing this report). I appreciate an organisation recognizing the need for coaching and doing the right thing for the customer.

I withdraw my grievance with Samsung.

Samsung RMA

AUTHOR: Abhishek - (United States of America)

I would be more than happy to provide Samsung additional information if Samsung wants to include an email address / direct line. The Samsung RMA for this issue was 4113724349

Samsung Invites You to Contact Us

AUTHOR: SamsungCarla - (USA)

Hello,

Samsung would like to invite you to contact us to talk about your concerns. If you send us your name, phone number, phone IMEI, and  email address, we will contact you to see how we can help.