Complaint Review: Samsung

• Updated: Mon, January 10, 2011

• Reported By: JB in MD — Silver Spring Maryland United States of America
Samsung

Samsung Lousy customer service, No follow up on known defective model, Internet

We bought the newest model Samsung dishwasher 4 months ago, and it has worked a total of two weeks! Three service trips later, they finally tell us that it is a defect in the model. Then we have to fax a bill of sale to prove we're within warranty - which is crazy, because you have it on file from the previous warranty service calls!

Different agents quote me different time frames. The responses to emails I have sent tell me to call for help troubleshooting, when i clearly indicate in my email that Samsung has told me I need to replace the unit not repair. And this is for a defect in the model that Samsung is AWARE OF.

Finally, I have been told that the credit I may receive for the return of the defective unit may only partially cover the cost of the exact same model again. (Not that I would ever purchase this model or another samsung model again, but it is inappropriate not to honor a like-for-like exchange credit. After multiple attempts to reach out to Samsung and give them the benefit of the doubt, they refuse to call back or acknowledge my email requests.

I would be forgiving of a defect - not all electronics are perfect in the first batch - but treat your customers right and do the honorable thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2011 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/internet/Samsung-Lousy-customer-service-No-follow-up-on-known-defective-model-Internet-681111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung