Complaint Review: Samsung

• Submitted: Thu, March 28, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 28, 2013

• Reported By: BrilliantEvil — Jacksonville North Carolina
Samsung

Samsung Not willing to follow through with their agreements to customers , Internet

I began leasing a Samsung laptop from an Aaron's store near my home and after having it for 6 months the computer stopped working. It wouldn't turn on when we tried and then it randomly starting turning itself on and off, like flicking a light switch. So we took it back to Aaron's who sent it off to Samsung and they had it for 2 weeks attempting to repair it. After 2 weeks it got back to us and when we got it home it still didn't work. So I took it back to Aarons again and they gave me a brand new one (fresh out of the box) because it wasn't fixed. I paid this computer off 4 months later and then, only 3 months after having it paid off, the computer started doing the EXACT same thing as the last one. It wouldn't come on and it began to switch on and off on and off. I called Samsung and was told to mail the product in and they would repair it free of charge because of the problems I had already had. I told them that I wanted some kind of affirmation that this would be made right if the computer, once again, did not work. I was told I would be able to get a refund of the amount I paid should the computer not work.

I mailed it in and 2 weeks later I recieved an email stating that if I wanted it fixed I had to send them $50 to inspect it and then they would bill me the cost of repair, which I was required to pay before they would ship it back. I called back, livid, and told them the computer was still under warranty (which it was, I paid for the extra year) and that above that I had been told I wouldn't have to pay. They put in a one time fee waiver and proceeded with the repair. We got the computer back 9 days later. When we opened it up and turned it on it came on and turned right back off. It did this repeatedly before finally it just wouldn't come on at all. So i called them back immediately and was told I would not be given a refund, that I should send it back to them and pay the fee to have it inspected and they would continue to try to repair it until they deemed it was defective. I said no, I wanted what I was promised, I wasn't going to pay for a product that had already been "fixed" once before. They proceeded to put me through to their customer service who, after much hem hawing back and forth, offered me an exchange. I told them I did not WANT another Samsung, and they told me that was the best they could do. They said my computer model was no longer in stock and sent me a "comparable" laptop model.

It was NOTHING like mine. It was smaller, had a smaller processor, less memory, etc. I emailed them back and said I wouldn't accept that. They emailed me again with another model and I accepted this one. I was told the label would get to me in 3 days. That was last week....it's still not here...not only that but I'm being told that if they don't receive the unit in 2 weeks that it voids the exchange and that they've sent out a NEW one that will be here in....5 days. This is ridiculous. This process has gone on for almost 3 months. I will NEVER purchase another Samsung product. EVER.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/internet/Samsung-Not-willing-to-follow-through-with-their-agreements-to-customers-Internet-1038840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung